Film: Class of Nuke 'Em High
"It rotted their bodies. It corrupted their minds. And that's the good news."Tromaville (See what they did there?) High School is right next to a nuclear power plant. A leaky nuclear power plant. You can already tell this isn't exactly the best of situations, right? First of all, the school's honor students turn into ultra-violent mutated thugs. Then, the school is menaced by a spiky nuclear mutant. And good, clean cut, boy-next-door Warren and his equally squeaky clean girlfriend, Chrissy, are caught in the middle.The film is followed by two sequels with another follow up titled Return to Nuke 'Em High which split into two parts and is being released as part of Troma's 40th anniversary.
This movie contains examples of:
- The Aggressive Drug Dealer: When they say "Buy our weed", they fucking mean it.
- Bad with the Bone: One of the gang members uses one as a weapon.
- Balloon Belly: Overlaps with a good amount of Squick.
- Badass Bookworm: The Cretins were once the honor society before this mess.
- Body Horror
- Chekhov's Gun: The laser in the school's lab.
- Eye Scream
- Fetus Terrible: The killer mutant is technically Chrissy's baby, although it came out the wrong end.
- Hulking Out: Happens to Warren at one point.
- I Love Nuclear Power: Causes every problem in the story.
- In Name Only: The sequels have only slightly more to do with the original than Troll 2 has to do with the first Troll.
- Load-Bearing Boss: Justified by the fact that the laser in story reacts violently with nuclear materials.
- Marijuana Is LSD: Justified in that it grows right next to the local nuclear plant.
- Medium Awareness: Everyone in the second sequel knows it's the second sequel and constantly claim things like "I thought you were killed at the end of Class of Nuke'em High 2".
- No OSHA Compliance: And how. The director of the nuclear plant dismisses any leaking of radioactive materials and seems more concerned with covering it up then solving the problem. When employees at the Tromaville Nuclear Utility start collapsing due to radiation poisoning, their colleagues don't even bat an eyelid with one of them even stepping right over his fallen workmate.
- Our Presidents Are Different: By the time of Return to Nuke 'Em High, heavy metal god / Troma regular Lemmy Kilmister has been elected to the highest office in the land. He also continues to wear his trademark hat and jacket.
- The Quincy Punk
- Title Drop: In Class of Nuke'em High 2: Subhumanoid Meltdown.
- Revolvers Are Just Better: The .44 Magnum is the weapon of choice for the Cretins.
- Spikes Of Monsterdom: The nuclear mutant is covered in these.
- Understatement: (After the school has been reduced to rubble) "Tromaville high will be closed temporarily for our remodeling."