A 2013 biopic about the legendary Punk club in New York City's East Village and its founder, Hilly Kristal (Alan Rickman).
- A Minor Kidroduction: The film begins with Hilly as a toddler escaping from his crib.
- Actor Allusion: A central part of the film is Kristal mentoring The Dead Boys, one member of which is played by Rupert Grint.
- Big Applesauce: A couple ... dozen ... establishing shots, in case the title of the movie doesn't adequately convey the setting.
- Coolest Club Ever: Kristal opens up this squalid, graffiti-covered hole of a nightclub in a seedy neighborhood in New York City during the city's hellhole phase... and it ends up being holy ground for the entire Punk movement and one of THE places to get your start as a Garage Band.
- Fake American: Alan Rickman as New Jersey native Kristal.
- Punk Rock: Mentioned in passing once or twice.