Film: BloodRayne: The Third Reich
The Third Reich is the second sequel to Bloodrayne, also directed by Uwe Boll and released in 2011.Rayne finds herself in a predicament during the World War II as she becomes targeted by Nazis in order to turn Adolf Hitler more powerful than ever.The film is in more line with the games, as it features Nazis. There is also a good number of historical inaccuracies, and appalling German accents.
The Third Reich has the examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: Blubberella. Same cast, same crew, same actors except Rayne has been replaced by the plus-sized Blubberella.
- Bisexual Vampire: Rayne has sex with both a female prostitute as well as Nathaniel
- Coitus Ensues: When Rayne and Nathaniel are being held captive and are being transported in the back of a truck, they suddenly start to have sex. Notably they have no restraints whatsoever to do this.
- Create Your Own Villain: Rayne accidentally turns the Nazi leader into a vampire by biting him.
- Dual Wielding: Rayne's blades have been replaced by generic swords.
- Fanservice: Rayne lounging in the brothel.
- Idiot Ball: The aforementioned gratuitous sex scene. "Sure let's just throw the leader of the resistance and his super strong vampire hybrid ally in the back of the truck. Don't bother with cuffs or anything."
- The prisoners in question also keep a firm grasp. "We could easily overpower the driver, but lets have sex instead, without any solid character development."
- Stopped Numbering Sequels
- Not Even Bothering with the Accent: The film has been criticized for its terrible German accents, or rather total lack of German accents, although some of the cast do talk in randomly weird voices.
- Especially ironic since the director IS GERMAN.
- Of Corsets Sexy: One of Rayne's outfits.
- Pre-Asskicking One-Liner: "Guten Tag, motherfuckers!"
- Precision F-Strike: Rayne's opening monologue ends with one:Rayne: Fucking Nazis.
- Re Cut: Boll shot simultaneous to this, with the same cast and crew, Bluberella, a straight-up comedic version of the film with an oversized woman as Rayne.
- Stopped Numbering Sequels: Varies by region. The main title as used for this page is un-numbered, but it was released in some European territories as BloodRayne 3: The Blood Reich.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: Rayne herself mentions that the German soldiers sign up for her slaughter campaign when they "Donned jackboots and fell into rank and file." However, this is overshadowed by the fact that Rayne and Nathaniel have a brief conversation about the word donned being dated despite the fact that Nathaniel should not actually be speaking English.