Film: Black Sheep The Movie
2007 horror/comedy film directed by Jonathan King and produced by the New Zealand Film Commission.Henry Oldfield and his brother Angus help their father raise sheep. A tasteless prank involving Henry being attacked by his older brother who's wearing the skin of Henry's beloved pet sheep Dudley, followed by news of their father's death due to an accident, results in Henry developing severe ovinophobia, fear of sheep. This causes him to leave New Zealand and not return until his brother asks to buy Henry's share of the farm, as Angus plans to use modern bioengineering methods to create better sheep. As Henry is shown about the farm, members of an Animal Wrongs Group, Grant and Experience, steal a sample from Angus's laboratory and accidentally release a bioengineered lamb - which then proceeds to infect the rest of the flock, thus creating hordes of bloodthirsty sheep.Not to be confused with the Chris Farley/David Spade film.
This film provides examples of:
- Attack of the Killer Whatever: Killer sheep. Really.
- Animal Wrongs Group: WEKA. Although it sounds like Grant is the reason things keep going wrong.
- Baa Bomb: Near the end of the movie, the infected sheep have been safely corraled, but there's not enough medicine to cure them all. Multiple sheep farting makes Henry realize they have an alternative way of ridding themselves of the sheep...
- Bestiality Is Depraved: Angus is revealed to have had carnal relations with the sheep on the farm. Bonus points for it being incestuous.
- Black Sheep: At the beginning of the film, it's Angus, who apparently can't participate in the herding of the sheep due to a bad leg. Later, Henry's ovinophobia makes him the effective black sheep of the family due to being unable to help with the family business.
- Granola Girl: Experience.
- Mood Whiplash: The DVD menu keeps switching between a footage of a sheep melancholically chewing its cud alternated with clips of rabid sheep attacking.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Mutant Zombie Were-sheep
- Our Zombies Are Different: They're sheep! That turn humans into were-sheep!
- Raising the Steaks: The killer sheep are essentially zombie (Type P) sheep who can turn humans into were-sheep.
- Black Comedy Rape: While Henry is trying to cross the field of killer sheep disguised by a wool seat cover, one of the rams takes quite a bit of interest in his crawling form...
- Reusable Lighter Toss: Methane and flame don't mix well.
- Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: Angus and Henry find that their infection lets them walk among the killer sheep unharmed.
- Shout-Out: WETA did the special effects for the film. WEKA is the name of the Animal Wrongs Group in the film. Even better is that both are named after actual New Zealand animals.
- Smoking Hot Sex: Angus locks himself, and the "prototype" of a new breed of sheep, in his study to protect them from man-eating sheep. When we next see him, he's smoking a cigarette in his underwear.