A Nickelodeon Made-for-TV Movie
actors Jennette McCurdy
and Jerry Trainor
. Trainor is Quincy, the gamer living in his parents' basement. Except his parents are selling the house. Conveniently, his helpful friend Wendell (played by Amir Talai) informs him of a video game tournament with a cash prize. Cash enough for him to buy the house himself. But the heretofore undefeated Quincy meets his match when he comes across a mysterious gamer called "Prodigy" that crushes him mercilessly. Quincy and Wendell set out to discover who this Prodigy is and find his weaknesses. Except, they find, Prodigy is a sixteen year old Chris Sanders (McCurdy). Whose mom thinks Quincy is her internet date... A fairly light-hearted comedy. Also has Janet Varney
as the Hot Mom
The film provides examples of:
- Adored by the Network: The movie seems to be shown every freaking week on Nickelodeon Australia.
- Basement Dweller: Quincy.
- Chew Out Fake Out: Chris's science presentation.
- The Comically Serious: Sheldon.
"I love her so much I could barf out my heart."
- Completely Missing the Point: Wendell does this a couple times
Quincy: "What's the one thing you need to qualify?"
- Dark Horse Victory
- Dead Pan Snarker: Chris.
- Eat The Evidence: Played with in that the evidence is a note that's supposedly from Ash to Chris, asking if she wants to go to the prom. When the note turns out to have been a setup to embarrass Chris with, Sheldon races over and gobbles it down.
- Face Heel Turn: Sort of. There's no real "good" side or "evil" side here, but Wendell definitely does turn traitor.
- Gamer Chick: Chris.
- Moment Killer: Chris, at least once.
- "Were you guys about to kiss? Gross."
- On The Money: Subverted. Quincy needs $175,000 to buy his parents' house. The Black Hole tournament offers $175,500.
"I could pay off the house and still have enough money left over for that vibrating gaming chair!"
- Sadist Teacher: Subverted. He just wants a student who cares.
- Saving His Home: Quincy wants the money to buy his parents' house so he won't have to move.
- Tournament Play: The Black Hole tournament.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Remember Bryan? The real internet date? Yeah, whatever happened to him?
- Zany Scheme: Quincy and Wendell attempting to stop Chris from qualifying.
- Basically anything Wendell plans.