Film / Behind the Waterfall
Behind the Waterfall
is a direct-to-video movie, distributed by an independent producer known as Feature Films For Families
about a young pair of siblings who, the death of their father sends go on the journey of a lifetime. An uplifting, and slightly cheesy look at the importance of faith and imagination.
Sent to spend the summer with their Aunt in Erinville after their father dies, Tommy and his teenage sister Becky begin the healing process by bonding with their cousin Alex. Upon meeting Alex's wise older friend Mr. Connors, Tommy and Becky learn that in order to move on with their lives they will have to find the courage to see life in a new light.
The film is a bit oldschool and full of Narm Charm
. But it's also fun and dosen't act like one of those child education film specials.
The film has a examples of:
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Alex thinks her visiting cousin is nuts at first. For thinking the local shoemaker was a magical creature. Some of the townsfolk think Connors is, a little.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: Tommy's dad had a very good reason for not coming back. He was kinda dead.
- Dramatic Wind: Indeed! Mr. Connors is almost constantly followed by winds that tell him important stuff. Becky learns to "hear" the wind by the end of the film.
- Deadpan Snarker: Becky, when she's not sitting around chatting away on the phone. Most likely sending the long distance bill through the roof.
- Jerk Ass: Sam, man was that woman snippy!
- Leprechaun: Tommy thinks Mr. Connors is one at first. Connors finds the idea hilarious.