Batman: Dead End
is a short Batman
/Alien vs. Predator Crossover Fan Film
directed by Sandy Collora. It first premiered on July 19, 2003 at the San-Diego Comic Con, and releasedon the Internet shortly after.
The film opens with Batman chasing a recently escaped Joker
, only to discover that there's something far worse stalking the streets of Gotham...
Batman: Dead End contains examples of the following tropes:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: The enlarged Batarang Batman uses as a melee weapon is sharp enough to break the first Predator's wrist blade.
- Bait and Switch: The film appears to be another fight between Batman and Joker... but then the Joker is abruptly dragged away by a Xenomorph. Said Xenomorph then gets its head blown off by a Predator, which then fights Batman.
- Bolivian Army Ending: After defeating the first Predator with much difficulty, Batman is then faced with three more Predators, with three more Xenomorphs emerging from the shadows behind him. Armed with twin Batarangs, Bats is prepared to go down fighting.
- Though if the Predators are anything like the ones from Film/Predator2, Batman might not need to worry as much.
- Crossover: Between Batman and Alien vs. Predator.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Judging by the Joker's speech, he justifies his Joker Immunity by saying that Batman won't kill him because he made him, not because of his moral code.
- Neck Lift: The Predator does one to Batman before throwing him into a wall.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: Batman starts punching the Predator, only to get Neck Lifted and thrown into a wall.