Bad Moon is a 1996 horror film about werewolves, adapted from the novel Thor, which tells the story from the point of view of the eponymous family dog.The story starts off pretty simple; guy gets attacked by werewolf, becomes a werewolf. But then things become a lot more interesting when he moves back home and his sister invites him to stay at her place, along with with her son and dog. While there, he attempts to fight his curse, but it is a losing battle. The dog, learning about his dangerousness, becomes determined to protect its owners from him.
Bad Moon contains examples of:
- Asshole Victim: A con artist tries to sue the family for Thor attacking him (after provoking him). Later, he tries to kill Thor for humiliating him, but he gets a visit from werewolf Ted.
- Cool Pet: Thor. Fighting a fully-transformed werewolf is feat worthy of any badass, let alone a common family dog.
- Death by Sex: Ted's girlfriend Marjorie is taken out of their tent and torn apart while the two were in the middle of having sex.
- Destination Defenestration: Second fight between Thor and Ted end with both of them crashing through a window.
- Diary: Janet learns of her brother's condition by reading his diary.
- *Drool* Hello: Happens to the forest ranger before he is killed.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Subverted. At first, Thor is very friendly towards Ted, but then becomes increasingly more wary after he discovers what's left of one of Ted's victims, during one of his transformations, in the woods. He then makes guarding his family his highest priority, especially after watching a transformed Ted, who had handcuffed himself to a tree.
- Off with His Head!: Ted kills the werewolf which killed Marjorie by blowing its head off with a shotgun.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: According to Ted, it doesn't require a full moon for a werewolf to transform and they'll do it every night when the moon is in the sky. They also don't require silver bullets to kill them and can be harmed by conventional means. When Thor attacks Ted in his werewolf form at the end, he manages to make him bleed.
- Power of Love: Ted hoped that his love for his sister and her son would have helped him to control his werewolfism. He was wrong.
- Precision F-Strike: "GET THE FUCK OFF MY SON!"
- Redemption Equals Death: After attacking his family and his fight with Thor, a badly injured Ted is discovered by Thor in the woods. Ted then begs for Thor to kill him. Which he does.
- Super Window Jump: Ted crashing into Janet's house when she is reloading her revolver.