Revenge drama/action/comedy starring Danny Trejo
, Ron Perlman
and Charles S Dutton very loosely based on Epic Beard Man
, but expands greatly on this subject matter into areas Tom Bruso wouldn't even dream of.
Frank Vega (Trejo) is a Vietnam vet living in Los Angeles who finds himself on a bus one day when a couple of skinheads jump on and start harassing a senior citizen. Frank's protection of the man with his impressive moves
earns him the respect of the media and city; he just wants to be left alone and go on with his quiet life, but...
Seems his old war buddy Klondike has something he shouldn't, which results in tragedy... Cue Vega going on a Roaring Rampage of Revenge
Provides Examples Of:
- Deadpan Snarker: Lots, but mainly Vega and Mayor Williams.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: And you can bet he worked for it.
- Famed in Story: Frank.
- 100% Heroism Rating: Frank beats a bunch of people up, blows up a garage, probably killing two guys in the process, smashes a statue, several cars and parking meters, an entire glass lobby and wrecks a city bus, and what does he get? Why, he gets made an honorary police officer!
- Humble Hero: Frank gets like this when he becomes the focus of praise.
- Idiot Ball: At least two attractive women in LA leave their back doors open at night!
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: Used on a Mook and later on, on Vega himself
- Mondegreen: Just like in the video. Who is Amber Lamps anyway?
- Memetic Badass: An in-universe example! Millions of people see the "YouView" video of Frank beating up the skinheads, lending him internet fame and a few favors- including a city bus. He's even sporting a meme-worthy I AM A MOTHERFUCKER T-shirt.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: They killed the only family he had left. They just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
- Theme Music Power-Up: In with the film's name, whenever you hear the "Bad Ass" theme song, someone's in for a world of hurt.
- Those Two Bad Guys: The skinheads from the bus. They reappear twice, and both times they completely fail to even scratch Frank, and he was tired and bleeding from a kukri slash to the leg the third time!