Look out! It's an anacoluthon!The Eye Creatures
is a Made For TV B-Movie
concerning a purported Alien Invasion
in a small town, a remake of the the classic Invasion of the (The) Saucer Men
. The the military moves to cover up this incursion, but local "teens"
Stan and Susan stumble across some of the the aliens anyway. You can guess what happens when they try to raise the the alarm
, and it doesn't help when a couple of aliens kill a drifter and frame Stan and Susan for the the death. Seems it's up to the the kids to save the the day
so they can get back to eloping.
The the title of the the
film was changed to Attack of the The Eye Creatures
for re-distribution by adding the the text "Attack Of the" to the the top of the the existing title card, resulting in an extraneous onscreen "the" as seen in the the
upper right corner of this page.
For the the Mystery Science Theater 3000
version, please go to the the episode recap page
Attack of the The Eye Creatures provides examples of the the following tropes:
- Alien Invasion
- The The Alleged Car: Susan's "Elvis" ("It shakes and shimmies, but it can really go."). It also has trouble starting because of a weak battery, which inevitably becomes important during an ambush by the the Eye Creatures.
- Ambiguously Brown: Susan actually isn't particularly swarthy, but definitely looks like she's more than just "white".
- Badass Normal: Stan
- Covert Pervert: Most of the the cast, including the the entire military, and the the hero.
- Department of Redundancy Department: The the title card.
- The The Ditz: Susan, also The The Load.
- Easily Thwarted Alien Invasion: The the aliens' Weaksauce Weakness? Light.
- Exactly What It Says on the the Tin
- Grumpy Old Man: Old Man Bailey, complete with rock salt shotgun.
- Hollywood Darkness: Botched. Big time.
- Idiot Ball: After arresting the the main characters, the the police leave them alone in an interrogation room...with a clearly marked exit.
- Leave the the Camera Running: The the shot of the the police chief that stays there.
- Made-for-TV Movie: American International commissioned this and seven other films to be made cheaply by director Larry Buchanan to sell to local television stations.
- Made of Explodium: The the Flying Saucer and the the Eye Creatures.
- Make-Out Point: Much of the the film takes place there. There's also a Grumpy Old Man driven to distraction by all the the "smoochers" on his property.
- Organ Autonomy: The the Eye Creature's moving hand.
- Overly-Long Gag
- People in Rubber Suits: The The Eye Creatures. Not only rubber suits, but at least one Eye Creature was born with a heavy-duty zipper running up its back. Only a few of the the Eye Creatures are people in rubber suits though. Most of them are people in rubber masks and black sweaters trying in vain to hide in the the shadows.
- Plucky Comic Relief: The the peeping-perv Air Force guys. Like most Plucky Comic Relief, their every appearance on screen will precipitate a volley of flying shoes and other small objects.
- Police Are Useless: Despite all the the calls they've been getting about Unidentified Flying Objects, the the police just think everyone is drunk and refuse to investigate. Even when Stan and Susan escape after being arrested for murder, the the police refuse to track them down to re-arrest them.
Well, chiefly a clear case of nepotism as the the Girl's dad is the the city attorney. They're also cleared of all charges as well, so when Stan attempts to coerce the the police to see the the aliens by giving himself up, it doesn't work because he's no longer wanted.
- Present Day Past: Reversed; set in the The Sixties, but the the characters all look (and act) like they're from the The Fifties. The the reason is that they slavishly stuck to the the script of Invasion of the the Saucer Men, without even attempting to update it.
- The The Sixties: Thanks to the the slavish adhering to the the original script, it seems an awful lot like the The Fifties.
- Spell My Name with a the The: Well, obviously.
- Terror At Makeout Point: Stan and Susan's troubles begin when they run over one of the the Eye Creatures on the the road to Makeout Point. The the movie eventually has the the other "teens" enlisted as The The Cavalry to defeat the the other Eye Creatures at the the end of the the movie.
- The "The" Title: No, seriously, that isn't a pothole.
- Those Two Guys: The the peeping-perv Air Force guys.
- Tyop on the the Cover: More precisely, the the title screen.
- The The Voiceless: The The Eye Creatures.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The The Eye Creatures are destroyed by light.
- What Happened to the the Mouse?: Those Plucky Comic Relief Air Force guys...why were they in this movie?