From left to right: Robin, Arthur, Tristian and Lancelot
The Arthur vs. the Druids vs. the Grail
trilogy was the first series of films made by RMA Studios, the creators of Stupid Mario Brothers
and Youtube News
. The series is a comedic retelling of the Arthurian legends
, drawing heavy inspiration from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
. The first film was originally created for an English class project during 2005, but two more followed. After the original trilogy, more films were made, although RMA Studios seems more than reluctant to release them.
Films in the series include:
- Arthur vs. Lancelot vs. His Youth (2006, unreleased)
The Original Trilogy
- Arthur vs. the Druids vs. the Grail (2005)
- The Revenge of Morgana (2005)
- The Return to Mount Dune Tah Too Tae (2005)
- Oops! We Broke the Table! Part I: The God of Eternal Magicalness (Unreleased)
- Oops! We Broke the Table! Part II: Gallahad, the Last Knight (Unreleased)
The links are:
Arthur vs. the Druids vs. the Grail:
The Revenge of Morgana:
The Return to Mount Dune Tah Too Tae:
The films provide examples of:
- Antagonistic Offspring: Mordred, who was literally born with a gun.
- Big "NO!": Lancelot lets loose a rather hammy one in the third film.
- Black Comedy Rape: "It wasn't rape, it was surprise sex!"
- Catch Phrase: Arthur's "Shut up, Lancelot!".
- Chekhov's Gag: "My liege, I believe the narrator at the beginning of this story, said that joke already!"
- Composite Character: Robin draws elements from Sir Bedevere.
- Crouching Moron Hidden Bad Ass: Merlin, who only pretends to be crazy so Arthur would seek his own wisdom rather than relying on him for everything.
- Downer Ending: Lancelot defeats Mordred, but Arthur is mortally wounded by the Druid King and dies, requesting Lancelot to cast Excalibur into the Lady of the Lake's pool. Lancelot makes it to the pool, but the Lady of the Lake had gone to a Magic People's convention. Consumed by power, Lancelot realizes without the Lady of the Lake, he can become king with Excalibur, but he clumsily falls into the pool and drowns, leaving Excalibur on the land.
- Eccentric Mentor: Again, Merlin.
- Evil Laugh: Morgana enjoys doing so a lot. Lancelot, tempted by the power to rule Camelot at the end of the third film exhibits this as well.
- Evil Sorcerer: Morgana.
- Forgot I Couldn't Swim: How Lancelot meets his end.
- Here We Go Again: Arthur vs. the Druid King ...again. The Druid King acknowledges the trope by name.
- Identical Grandson: Unsurprisingly, Mordred is the spitting image of his father, who in turn looks just like his own, Uther.
- Inherently Funny Words: The Mountain of Mount Dune Tah Too Tae.
- Juggling Loaded Guns: Or in this case, Robin's sword, which he repeatedly bludgeons a dying Merlin with.
- Kill 'em All
- Large Ham: Everyone. Especially Merlin. That is, only when he's pretending to be crazy.
- Lemony Narrator: The narrator at the beginning of the second film.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Tristan.
- Obfuscating Insanity: When Morgana arrives at Merlin's Table to kill Merlin, he reveals that he only started using a crazy personality so Arthur would make his own decisions rather then relying on him.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Toyed with. After easily trouncing Robin, Morgana reserves the privilege of killing Arthur and the others exclusively for Mordred.
- Shaggy Dog Story: Arthur successfully defeats the Druid King and obtains the Grail, only to purposefully destroy it.
- Spirit Advisor: Merlin briefly becomes one in the third film.
- Stab the Sky: Occurs during Tristan's knighting ceremony and when Arthur receives the re-birthed Excalibur.
- Time Skip: The Return to Mount Dune Tah Too Tae is set 20 years after The Revenge of Morgana
- Trrrilling Rrrs: The Drrruid King.
- Versus Title
- The X of Y: The Revenge of Morgana.
- The Wiki Rule: Well sort of, it's a part of the Stupid Mario Brothers wiki. The main page of it can be found here