is a 2011 Mockbuster
produced by The Asylum
, directed by Christopher Ray, and starring Richard Grieco, Patricia Velasquez, Kevin Nash
, Cody Deal, and Gerald Webb. Not to be confused with that other Thor movie that came out in 2011
The story: Odin and his sons Thor and Balder are called to the cave of the Norns to learn Ragnarok
is upon them and that Loki
wants the Hammer of Invincibility
to kick-start it. A bunch of Fight Scenes
ensue, and then Odin hurls the Hammer of Invincibility away before Loki kills him. As Thor and a Valkyrie
named Jarnsaxa race to retrieve the hammer, Loki is hot on their tails. The battle comes to a head in Midgard (a.k.a. Los Angeles
) as Thor and Loki face off with the fate of the world in the balance.
Almighty Thor provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Jarnsaxa.
- Anti-Hero: Jarnsaxa is a type 3; she is willing to let Loki destroy LA to protect Thor and the hammer, with the justification that as long as the tree of life lives everything can be rebuilt. Thor himself might qualify as a Type I seeing as the movies big premise is while he has the heart he does not have the skill to beat Loki.
- Apocalypse How: Planetary scope, thanks to Loki. The universe gets better, thanks to Thor.
- Badass Grandpa: Odin.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: The Norns.
- Covers Always Lie: The hammer pictured on the DVD cover doesn't look anything like the Hammer of Invincibility or the hammer that Thor forges to defeat Loki.
- Dull Surprise: Everyone.
- Eyepatch of Power: Oddly enough, averted. Odin, of all people, has two fully functional eyes.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Loki.
- Hellhound: Loki has a whole army of giant hellhounds. They're kind of cute.
- Idiot Hero: Thor certainly comes off this way.
- Looks Like Cesare: Loki.
- MacGuffin: The Hammer of Invincibility, forged by Odin's father from the Tree of Life.
- The Mockbuster
- Panty Shot: An accidental use: when Thor first fights Loki, he gets knocked over, accidentally revealing bright red briefs underneath his combat skirt.
- Sadly Mythtaken: The film is a weird mix of Norse Mythology and Marvel's The Mighty Thor comic.
- Screw Destiny: Thor believes this, even going so far as to smash the loom of the Fates in the end. Everyone else in Asgard thinks Ragnarok is a Foregone Conclusion.
- World Tree