Film / Almighty Thor
is a 2011 Mockbuster
produced by The Asylum
, directed by Christopher Ray, and starring Richard Grieco, Patricia Velasquez, Kevin Nash
, Cody Deal, and Gerald Webb. Not to be confused with that other Thor movie that came out in 2011
The story: Odin and his sons Thor and Balder are called to the cave of the Norns to learn Ragnarok
is upon them and that Loki
wants the Hammer of Invincibility
to kick-start it. A bunch of Fight Scenes
ensue, and then Odin hurls the Hammer of Invincibility away before Loki kills him. As Thor and a Valkyrie
named Jarnsaxa race to retrieve the hammer, Loki is hot on their tails. The battle comes to a head in Midgard (a.k.a. Los Angeles
) as Thor and Loki face off with the fate of the world in the balance.
Almighty Thor provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Jarnsaxa is a type 3; she is willing to let Loki destroy LA to protect Thor and the hammer, with the justification that as long as the tree of life lives everything can be rebuilt. Thor himself might qualify as a Type I seeing as the movies big premise is while he has the heart he does not have the skill to beat Loki.
- Apocalypse How: Planetary scope, thanks to Loki. The universe gets better, thanks to Thor.
- Covers Always Lie: The hammer pictured on the DVD cover doesn't look anything like the Hammer of Invincibility or the hammer that Thor forges to defeat Loki.
- Eyepatch of Power: Oddly enough, averted. Odin, of all people, has two fully functional eyes.
- MacGuffin: The Hammer of Invincibility, forged by Odin's father from the Tree of Life.