''All About Steve'' is a 2009 American comedy film directed by Phil Traill that stars Creator/SandraBullock, Creator/ThomasHadenChurch, and Creator/BradleyCooper. Creator/KenJeong and Creator/KeithDavid play supporting roles. Mary Horowitz (Bullock) is a proud cruciverbalist, the writer of crossword puzzles for the Sacramento Herald newspaper, and a very awkward young woman. Her parents set her up for a date with the eponymous Steve (Cooper), a local newspaper cameraman and she is smitten. After driving him off with over-aggressive sexual advances, and subsequently losing her job in a crossword incident, she decides that Steve is her destiny and begins following him as he pursues the news.
!! This film demonstrates the following tropes:
* AmbiguousDisorder: Mary shows signs of being on the autistic spectrum, though no diagnosis is ever spoken of.
* BannisterSlide: Mary attempts one after she reaches her Steve epiphany, but slows to a painful halt due to too much friction.
* BlindDate: A Blind Date arranged between Mary and Steve kicks off the main plot.
* ButtMonkey: Angus (Jeong) is this to the news crew, the butt of their jokes and general gopher.
* CuteClumsyGirl: Mary is very enthusiastic, and tends to forget what's in her way as she pursues Steve.
* DaEditor: Corbitt (David) is the owner of the TV Station that the news team is working for. He threatens to fire them multiple times as he gives his assignments.
* GenkiGirl: Mary hits all the stops, the rapid speech, the unrelenting cheerfulness, flailing arms when she gets excited...
* TheGlomp: Mary performs a textbook example on Steve at the hospital, a flying tackle which just barely avoids knocking him over.
* InterchangeableAsianCultures: Korean Ken Jeong has dialogue indicating that he's Vietnamese although he also curses in Japanese and Mandarin during the movie.
* SesquipedalianLoquaciousness: Mary is prone to this due to her job as a cruciverbalist, also sprinkling in gratuitous foreign languages
* SmallNameBigEgo: Hughes is convinced that he's the next big thing in the news.
* StalkingIsFunnyIfItIsFemaleAfterMale: Hughes (Church) finds the situation hilarious and encourages Mary every chance he gets. Steve is terrified, and convinced that Mary wants to skin him and wear him as a suit. Mary is largely oblivious that her behavior might be considered stalking.
* TitleDrop: After the first date, Mary releases a crossword puzzle entitled "All About Steve" where every answer is some aspect of Steve.