Film / Action Man
A trilogy of CGI movies based on the Action Man
In the first movie, Robot Atak
, Doctor X's henchman No Face, disguised as Action Man, kidnaps scientist Professor Moran, so Doctor X can force him to develop a mind control gas. Action Man and Action Force (Flynt and Redwolf) must clear Action Man's name, defeat Doctor X's robot army and stop his mind control plans.
The second movie, X Missions
, is a retelling of the G.I. Joe
movie Valor versus Venom
, but with the Action Man cast of characters. Doctor X kidnaps citizens and takes DNA samples from zoo creatures to create an army of man-beast hybrids.
Third and last, Código Gangrena
, only available in Latin America, has Professor Gangrene freeing Doctor X and No Face from prison and later betraying them. Action Man and Action Force then have to stop Gangrene's plans.Needs a Better Description
Tropes applying to these films:
- Archer Archetype: Redwolf
- Broad Strokes: Despite the then-recent CGI TV series, the movies seem to follow the 90s animated series, albeit in broad strokes.
- Captain Ersatz: No Face's appearance and Modus Operandi make him an evil version of Darkman.
- Clear My Name: Action Man must do this in the Robot Atak movie, after No Face impersonated him to kidnap Professor Moran.
- Fun Personified: Flynt.
- Mad Scientist: Profesor Gangrene.
- Master of Disguise: No Face.
- Mecha-Mooks: the X-Robots
- Power Trio: Action Force.
- Redwolf is the Superego (calm and collected, though with some sense of humor)
- Action Man is the Ego (as the quintessential action hero, sometimes he makes good planning, but other times he takes impulsive actions to keep the world safe)
- Flynt is the Id (impulsive and fun-loving)
- Sixth Ranger: Rebel in the X Missions movie.