- Recommended by: Games Of The Video
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: That's right, someone is actually writing a full-length The Ugly Barnacle! We're going to learn who the titular barnacle is, how he came to be so ugly, and how his disgusting visage heralded the apocalypse and the death of every living creature in the world. Word of God says here that "the barnacle's ugliness [will cause] nothing less than the Metaphysical Annihilation of the Universe."
- Tags: VERY likely to become a Dark Fic, due to its Foregone Conclusion. We know everyone is going to die; really the only reason we're reading the story is to find out how.
- Comments: This troper started reading it to expect some dramatic narmtastic tragic account of the Ugly Barnacle, but was pleasantly surprised with the light, satirical tone of the piece. It really affectionately parodies both the source material, and common literary tropes of fairy tales and just the genre of fantasy in general. This has the potential to be a very, very funny and clever satire of... the universe. Before it... you know... Is completely and utterly destroyed by the Barnacle.
The Verbose Barnacle by WoofMichelle''
- Recommended by: abcdef-no
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: This story technically is a longer Ugly Barnacle, only it retells the original story in a verbose fashion. The barnacle is even given a title as long as the original story was(A Marine Crusteacean of the Subclass Cirripedia Which, To Its Own Misfortune, Was Quite Repugnant). Now, this story changes the plot a little bit, with the barnacle only killing those who see its face. Other than that, most of the plot is the same, the barnacle is so ugly that people die, although in an "agonizingly lengthful and tormenting" way.
- Comments: This story made me laugh for weeks. It makes the original Ugly Barnacle, one of the funniest jokes in SpongeBob, look lame and stupid. The great thing is, there is actually a direction to the story, giving fans less vague ways to imagine the story's future(what happened to the people who survived.