Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Manga/Pokemon Special
fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here
Yowl of Time's
Pokémon Adventures Saga:
A Miscellaneous Tale of Night and Day
- Recommended by: Aya Sai
- Arc 1: Starts from late B/W. For the last near-decade we've been hearing of Dex Holders enjoying their own adventures all over the world. But what happens when a certain disaster in Unova interconnects their paths?
- Arc 2: As the Dex Holders struggle together to repel the mysteriously-reborn criminal organizations, they and some others are drawn toward the legends of the sixteen Plates of Arceus...
- Arc 3: Everything seems to be falling apart as the truth is at last revealed to the Dex Holders, confined in the Hall of Origin with nothing to do except waiting for doom to claim them. Destiny couldn't be clearer, but many are in motion to stop it...
by Starran (Link
Pokemon Adventures: the Ethereal War by BlackTyrantValvatorez
- Recommended by: Khione
- Synopsis: An alternate universe fic. The Dex Holders are "accepted" into a talent school. Even though they were kidnapped in the middle of the night, the kids warm up to their school and make friends. Then things get... complicated. Time travel, missing older siblings, secret societies, Amnesiac Lover and much, much more! A very fun if predictable read. Has its own page
- Pairing(s): Special/OldRival/MangaQuest/Frantic/AU Dashes of Agency/Commoner/SoulSilver
- Tags: AU, High School AU
- Recommended by Cybran General Sturm
- Synopsis: The Four Ethereals have decided to act because of the actions of Team Rocket. Even though they were defeated, the group's actions have caused the Ethereals to decide that humanity must be wiped out. Now it is up to the Pokedex holders to stop them from completing their goal of global human genocide. This is the first of the four stories of their endeavor to defeat the Ethereals.
Crisis on Two PokéWorlds
- Recommended by: hyperlimitsorant
- Synopsis: A PokeSpe/PokeDPAdventure/Manga/Anime Intercontinuity and Crisis Crossover of epic proportions! Reality will shatter and worlds will collide as a portal sends several of the anime characters and the PokeDex Owners into each other's worlds! Now they must team up with their counterparts, defeat their foes, and save both worlds before all is lost! Has its own page.
- Pairing(s): Various shippings from the three media, although the series puts more emphasis on action.
- Tags: Intercontinuity Crossover, Crisis Crossover
- Comments: This is a pretty good crossover story, despite suffering from a case of Early-Installment Weirdness in the early chapters. Howver, the author continously improve on his writing stories and the story has moved on to be one of the best Pokemon crossovers in fandom.