Fanfic Recs: Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
The Golden Age: Reclamation War by Maderfole
Cry of the Falcon by Solid Shark
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY by ShadowCell
GUNDAM SEED Kismet by thebigmacattack
Gundam SEED: Jupiter's Dawn by Juubi-K
Gundam SEED: Destiny Altered by RosenDrache
Waltzing with Destiny by Aldaeus.
Authors and WebsitesNone Yet.
General FicsStories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance. The Golden Age: Eden Disaster by Maderfole
- Recommended by Lorthos
- Synopsis: The continuation of Chaotic Cosmos. Features the main cast of the show.
- Recommended by Tsukishijin
- Synopsis: Part 3 of Maderfole's Golden Era stories (the other two being Chaotic Cosmos and The Eden Disaster). Seven years after the worldwide changes in the wake of the Eden Disaster a familiar enemy from Chaotic Cosmos returns while the world learns to deal with New Eden.
- Recommended by Comartemis
- Synopsis: Sequel to Birds of a Feather. The outbreak of the Second Bloody Valentine War draws Ken, Kira, Athrun, and the rest of True Zaft back into the thick of the fighting.
- Recommended by Fenrir, Nitramy
- Synopsis: The capstone of a very lengthy retelling that starts off at the very end of SEED and starts taking things in different directions, starting with Kira becoming a Fallen Hero. Trope page here, any help filling it up would be appreciated.
- Recommended by Komuro
- Synopsis: Three years after the end of Gundam SEED, war brews again. The Earth Alliance and ZAFT restart the fight, and the survivors of Gundam SEED and brand-new ones face difficult choices. How will this new war be fought, and who will survive?
- Rebelcheese (aka thebigmacattack): The fic is dead, and some of its ideas are being folded into Gundam SEED: Bloodlines.. I will likely be pulling Kismet from FF.net sometime in 2013. Read it while you can.
- Recommended by Overlord Zaru
- Synopsis: It is CE 73, and the Earth Alliance is on the verge of collapse as the Atlantic Federation and Eurasia square off. A ship arrives from Jupiter, seeking to know the fate of humanity.
- Recommended by Troper Gundam 123
- Has its own Tropes page, located here
- Synopsis: February, C.E. 75. After a short period of uneasy peace, war once again threatens... A retelling of GSD, set in the same continuity as An Alternate Fate. Rated T for language, violence. Primary pairing is Shinn-Stella
Shipping FicsStories focused on the romantic relationships between the cast. Tomorrow by Fledgling
- Recommended by Pureauthor
- Pairings: Shinn/Lunamaria, slight Shinn/Stellar
- Synopsis: Introspective fic on Shinn reflecting upon the differences between the two women he's loved, and the meaning of Stellar's final words to him.
- Recommended by Th4nato5
- Synopsis: The Preventers return to the CE on a mission to prevent the theft of the Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss at Armory one. They give chase and end up getting tangled up in the Junius Seven colony drop (Break the World incident) and have been chased out of Orb along with the Minerva... Will this Endless Waltz continue dancing on forever...
- Comments: From the same author who authored Operation Winged Seed, this time the cast from the first book returns and participate in the events that occur in Gundam SEED Destiny. The author also includes the cast from the side stories Gundam SEED Stargazer and Gundam Wing G-Unit, and to end it as the title of the fanfiction implies, Endless Waltz. Again, the characters and events between both universes are very well blended and makes it very interesting to read.