These are the recommendations by Tropers
for League of Legends
. As per the other recommendation pages, these need to be signed, and discussion is welcome on the discussion page. Etcetera etc.
Since they have their own little Lore forum, the brave souls that have come before you have done the grunt work in finding the little gems that may or may not exist in the huge piles of steaming crap that clutter up the forum. Sturgeon's Law
in full affect, of course.
The Misadventures Of Veigar and Lulu
- Slygoat has two pieces, both of which are pretty good. However, at this time I believe he's abandoned both projects. Both recommended by Cloak And Dagger 921.
- Renekton Bot is someone's alternate account that's been used to give us hilarious pieces. All while staying in character.His version of Renekton's League Judgement was highly praised. Even by the Riot Staff. I highly suggest you Google search the Lo L forums for posts by Renekton Bot. Definitely not a bad way to spend a few hours. Also, recommended by Cloak And Dagger 921.
- DT 777 is another one of the readable writers. No. 777 777 is a short story about a chemist getting revenge for a perceived slight. Again, my (Cloak And Dagger 921) recommendation.
- Rogue's Ascendance, being hosted on Fanfiction.net attempts to make a story out of Talon's past up until the time he decides to enter the League of Legends. The chapters are quite short and quite slow paced at the start but the author does a good work of creating new short story arcs which Talon might have gone through before joining the League. Some new story-exclusive characters are there, although familiar faces such as Katarina, Cassiopeia, and Garen all play some part in the story.
- Dragon Rising is one of the few action-driven Lo L fanfics out there. A Master Yi story with extremely fluid and professional writing and a riveting plot makes this one of the great ones. Has a sequel in progress. The story is, Master Yi abandons the league to find an ancient sword (called Dragon Rising) for strength enough to carry out his revenge against Singed. But the league sends champions right after him, and even once yi does gain the sword, he has to deal with the price of such power.
The Only Truth
- Recommended By: SCAL37
- Synopsis: Lulu falls for Veigar, who starts to reciprocate, and their fellings start interfering with League matches. Meanwhile, Teemo has disappeared, and Irelia goes on a quest to find Riot HQ to take her revenge on Morello for all the Nerfs.
- Pairings: Veigar/Lulu, Tristana/Teemo, Rumble/Tristana, Pantheon/Leona, Nidalee/Rengar, Gragas—>Sejuani.
- Recommended By: CommandoDude
- Synopsis: A story which initially follows League canon from Garen's point of view, dealing with his relationship with Katarina. Eventually the story diverges from canon, leading both to begin uncovering a sinister plot with consequences reaching far beyond the simple difficulties of their budding romance.
- Pairings: Garen/Katarina, Jarvan/Shyvana, hinted Talon/Lux, hinted Irelia/Riven
by Constance Comment
- Recommended By: Bozeia
- Synopsis: All magic comes with a price. Six possible timelines for Twisted Fate and Graves, five that could have happened instead of canon, and one that could come after.
- Pairings: It is stated to be a Twisted Fate/Graves fic but most of the romance is somewhat out of focus, not there at all, or completely overshadowed by more prescient feelings of enmity or indifference. It's much more about the scope of their partnership from Twisted Fate's point of view and it takes pains to examine the status quo antagonism too (among other things, including the possibility of reconciliation between them in canon).
- Comments: It's a short fic using each of Twisted Fate's skins as the themes by which it explores any and all possibilities surrounding the circumstances wherein Twisted Fate sold out (or didn't) Graves for a chance at attaining magic. The second chapter is from Graves' point of view and offers a pretty creative canon explanation for the Underworld skin. The great writing and pacing is just icing on the cake. Definitely give this a read!