General Fics Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the characters. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance. The Good Student by Sylvia Volk
- Recommended by Merseburg
- Synopsis: (Duncan) MacLeod is reunited with a former student while in Paris and receives a philosophical lesson (or three) from Methos.
- Comments: This fic gets recommended all over the place because it is just that good. It has great characterization and dialogue, and really feels like it could be an actual episode of the series.
- Narrow Is The Way Which Leadeth Unto Life by sophia_sol, There Shall Come Up Briers and Thorns by sentientcitizen, and And The Stars of Heaven Shall Fall by sophia_sol
- Reccommended by Dude Where's My Password
- Synopsis: Chronicling Methos's relationship with the immortal history knows as Jesus Christ.
- Warnings: Character death in the final installment; Jesus being treated as an immortal human rather than a divine being may be offensive to some.
- Comments: Great characterization; sad and believable.
- Reccommended by Maist
- Synopsis: Methos and Kronos have had a long and violent life together, for them a great deal of fun. For others, usually far from it. Up until A Drive In The Country everything takes place pre-TV-series and thus has no direct connection with Duncan MacLeod. Operates under the assumption that Methos lies... a lot. Also that he's not even remotely a sweet, innocent. Except sometimes. When he feels like it.
- Warnings: Loads of violent and horrible deaths, many a victim who didn't deserve it.
- Comments: Great characterizations, among other things. When we get to the modern days, the writer's descriptions of Methos' living spaces are wonderful and hilarious! There are times when it stretches my belief, such as when our heroes are sometimes denser than rocks. If they weren't, though, they wouldn't get in the situations.
- Recommended by jyshin2
- Synopsis: What if Methos had made different choices when Kronos returned? What does an Apocalypse look like? Re-write of Revelation 6:8.
- Comments: A dark, gritty read with excellent characterization. It's a bleak story overall, so not for people who like happy endings, but it's great writing and well worth the time.
- Recommended by Phaethon
- Synopsis: Highlander film crossover with Harry Potter: upon defeating the Kurgan, Connor MacLeod receives more than just telepathy; he also gains the ability to do magic. Coincidentally, Hogwarts is seeking a new Defense instructor.
- Comments: A strange, surprisingly entertaining piece, if a bit of a Crack Fic. Connor's classroom interactions with Hermione, in particular, are priceless. Departs from Highlander movie canon after the first film.