Fanfic Recs: DragonFable
Proof that the remaining 10% is worth being controlled by the Shadowscythe for here. These are recommendations made by Tropers for DragonFable fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
- Anything by Tmae 3114
- Recommended by Gamma Cavy
Stories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance. Tell him Hello For Me by Tmae 3114
- Recommended by : Gamma Cavy
- Genre: hurt/comfort, friendship
- Summary: Homesickness can be hard to deal with. Reunions can be hard to face when you don't know how they'll go. The hero finally passing on a message they were given might help fix both those problems. Cysero, thinking on the Reset.
- Recommended by: A-No-Ma-Ly
- Genre: Action, General
- Summary: Monsters attacking, young guardians having trouble in their first battle, my dragon and I carving a swathe of devastation and ruin in the attackers, and Artix slaying undead. Just an average day in Falconreach.
- Comments: Philosophical musings in battle. The narrative is a bit personalized to Cavy's Dragonfable character, but I didn't find that very jarring. The combat is matter-of-fact and well balanced, the descriptions of violence are clear but not overdone, and the first person narrative is likable and practical. It ties in with Cavy's other DF works wonderfully, and continues to work with the handling of the Hero as the partner of the dragon of destruction, as introduced in "They Don't know")(see below).
- Recommended by: Tiamat Dragon Queen, A-No-Ma-Ly
- Genre: General
- Summary: Oh, my friends, you think you know me, but you refuse to see what's in front of you. I feel my lips curve into a wolfish smile. My bonded partner is the dragon of destruction, and my enemies are about to find out what that means. The musings of the Hero, before a battle.
- Comments: Cavy's done it again! Bringing her unique, right angled perspective from Fullmetal alchemist to Dragonfable, she has used her knack for building little background details into full plot points, this time focusing on the Hero, the dragon, and just what it means that the Hero holds the Dragon of Destruction. It makes one think, and this troper at least found himself reassessing many points in the game in light of what Cavy pointed out.
- Recommended by: A-No-ma-ly
- Genre: Suspense/General
- Summary: Once a month, I return here. Mortem. This place means so much to me, and at the same time it is a place I hate. It is the hometown of one of the greatest heroes I have ever known, and where his grave is. And now, it's been a year since his death. A Tomix Saga anniversary fic containing Cavy's thoughts on Soulweaving.
- Recommended by Gammacavy
- Genre: Family
- Summary: What is, what was, what could be - tales of the journey of an Adventurer.
- Comments: this and its companion fic Journeys of Ravenloss are well worth reading, and fit with the world of Lore so well one could think they were part of the main continuity, written by the programmers themselves.
- Recommended by Gammacavy
- Genre: Drama
- Summary: From time to time, a nagging voice tells Tomix that he's selfish.
- Recommended by Gammacavy
- Genre: Friendship/Hurt/Comfort
- Synopsis:The wind whips past. Tomix can feel tears leaking from his eyes, but he feels lighter than he has in a long time. Images flicker past his closed eyes, and he thinks for what must be the last time 'goodbye' and 'thank you'. He hits the core. He does not expect to wake up again. He doesn't know what he expected but it certainly wasn't to wake up.
- Additional notes: this feels right, and as if it might be what happened. It belongs.
- Recommended by CannibalisticSkittles
- Synopsis: "Short and silly oneshot featuring a sneevil who got into a storage center thanks to a strange spell. That mage didn't realise what he'd done."
- Status: Complete.
- Notes: While not exactly a 40 chapter epic, this story is fairly funny, cute, and plausible within the Dragon Fable universe.
Original Characters Fics
Any fanfics which are based on Original Characters including the main in-game cast. May include player-created characters A Rouge's Tale by Blade100
- Recommended by SabrinaDiamond
- Genre: Humour, Fantasy and Drama
- Synopsis: A 'Dragon' Rogue named 'Alexander' learns that he is to master the 'elements' and is destined to lead his team of six (plus a pink Moglin, ninja and pirate) against Sepulchre. His egg soon hatches and now they battled against 'the Reset' of time which they cannot understand.
- Status: Incomplete so far, with only 17 chapters.
- Additional Notes: Blade100 is 'resting' for now, but he may make it not a Dead Fic one day... Any similarities to Storm Hawks is not intended as this fanfic was written before. The plot doesn't really kick off until chapter 5. This fanfic was so popular it had a couple of Spin-Off stories and even some Dark Fic. Some authors even made Recursive Fanfiction...
- Recommended by Your Former Self
- Genre: Horror and suspense
- Synopsis: A mercenary from the town of Piore is getting increasingly bad headaches after joining an expedition to an underwater city and meeting with a strange creature.
- Additional Notes: I quest to find good fanfics like this almost every day, and usually come away disappointed. This, however, is one of the better prizes I've found. Takes cues from the Water chain and stirs it up into something /really/ eerie. It's a shame it hasn't more readers, really. The writer has also made a sequel, called Elemental Entropy.
- "You cannot resist..."