General FicsApotheosis by QuillMind
- Recommended By Kalaong, Arjac
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: After Adam was attacked by the Tyrants and left for dead, Sarif had made the choice to change him into an augmented man. During the surgery, what would have been going through the CEO's mind regarding his decision? Rated T just in case for some bloody descriptions. Oneshot. Also has a comic adaptation on DeviantArt.
- Comments: A peek into augmentation pioneer David Sarif's head. Why did he augment Jensen to such a degree? Why does he believe in augmentation so devoutly? Take a look and see...
- Comic version is only 5 pages, so there's little reason not to take a peak.
Crossover FicsMass Effect Human Revolution by IgnusDei
- Recommended By Kalaong, Gone Rampant, Zaptech, Poptard, Noelemahc, Gentlemens Dame 883, PNG, Minty Fresh Death, Black Sun Nocturne,
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: The empty years between the present day and the discovery of the Prothean Ruins on Mars - and the Mass Effect - are filled in with the three Deus Ex games... and end with anti-aug fanatics in control. Humanity is a bioconservative shadow of its canon glory. But fear not, Honest Corporate Executive David Sarif saw it all coming, and preserved his technology, researchers, himself, and Adam Jensen as Human Popsicles. Unfortunately, after more than a century on ice, only Adam made it to the 2170's - and barely makes it off Earth ahead of the torch-waving Muggles. But even off-world, Adam just can't stay out of trouble he never asked for. His first attempt to put down roots is on Elysium, and only his (suppressed!) rescue of the colony from batarian raiders enables him to leave the planet intact. He seems to find a home on the Citadel itself, distinguishing himself as Garrus Vakarian's partner in C-Sec. Only Commander Shepard, fresh from the attack on Eden Prime, gets herself assassinated hours after she sets foot on the Citadel. Adam Jensen never asked for this, but someone has to stop Saren - and he's better equipped than anyone else in the galaxy to do it.
- Comments: Conspiracies, cyborgs and snark hit the Mass Effect universe hard enough to knock out a charging krogan. The author is a transhumanist who was disappointed with Mass Effect 3's endings, and has chosen this combination of extropian promise and old-fashioned badass to set it right. Prepare for asari terrorists taken out with thrown fridges, naive sentinels driven to distraction with CASIE mods, and krogan sucker-punched by inert ultra-tensile carbon fists. Be warned that it takes a while to get into gear, though, so try to stick with it at least four chapters. Also, IgnusDei was personally involved with the development of DX:HR - at least to the point of having designed several set pieces.