open/close all folders
Authors and Websites
Daring Do and the Dragon's Flame
- Recommended by: Seraphem
- Synopsis: Daring Do, world renowned treasure hunter, has had her share of adventures. But now, in the looming threat of war and world domination, she must brave the toughest challenge yet - facing down a horde of dragons, and the villainous unicorn Iron Crest.
- Recommended by: Seraphem
- Synopsis: When a well placed conversation sparks the throes of adventure within a mare like Daring Do she finds herself once again flying the high skies in search of great treasure! The Legendary Ruby Knight.
- Author's Website: Here
- Recommended by: TheYandere
- Synopsis: Daring Do sets out in search of a valuable artifact when requested to be a questionable pony. But, she is quickly thrown into chaos as ancient magic, strange creatures, and stranger ponies are thrown her way.
- Recommended by: Kytseo
- Synopsis: Twilight goes on a mission to learn about Scootaloo's backstory, hilarity ensues.
- Notes: I know it's not a Daring Do fic, but I put in it anyways because the eighth chapter has a Daring Do story as the focus, with Twilight meeting the series's author. Anyone Genre Savvy, based on the chapter's title, can guess that the author is Fluttershy.
- Recommended by: Eegah
- Synopsis: The author of the Daring Do stories is revealed to actually be Daring herself, basing them on her real exploits. Trouble is, she had a partner on all those adventures who is none too pleased at being left out of the books: her sister, Ditzy Doo.
- Recommended by: nightshade1218
- Synopsis: After learning that their true-to-life hero Daring Do has fallen on horrific times and is harboring a dark secret that's slowly driving her off the edge, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash seek to help her overcome her troubles. They soon learn, however, that there are bigger and deadlier forces at work...
- Recommended by: The Ace Of Scarabs
- Synopsis: Daring Do lives a life full of adventure, danger, and excitement at every turn. She would gladly give it all up, though, if only for some time to read her favorite book about a colorful pegasus and her many friends.
- Recommended by Clato Lawa
- Synopsis: Daring Do has her last adventure, and Rainbow is desolate. The only pony who can understand and comfort her is Twilight, who's been there herself.
- Comments: Unfortunately, this fic has not been touched since February 2012, and the only posted chapter comprises the final pages of the aforementioned last adventure, featuring a Heroic Sacrifice by Daring to stop Tirac, ending with Daring's life flashing before her eyes. It works a lot better than it should, though, with well-written and moving appearances by most of Daring's friends and family.
- Recommended by Mike
- Synopsis: Daring Do can't believe her luck when she is asked to help explore the most ancient tomb known to ponykind. But terrible danger awaits her, for beneath the earth rests something beyond equine understanding.
- Comments: Combines ponies, Lovecraft-style horror, and a real world issue. Link goes to the chapter instead of the story page because the first comment contains spoilers.
- Recommended by WeirdKev27
- Synopsis: While attending Daring Do's panel at a convention in Canterlot, Rainbow Dash wins a contest. The prize? A chance to join the famed archaeologist's team as an assistant on her next expedition. Naturally, Rainbow Dash is thrilled at the idea of an adventure with Daring Do, knowing that the archeologist bases her books on real events. As Rainbow gets to know Daring and her rag tag team of explorers though, she gets the feeling of dissent among the ranks. Soon, the expedition proves to be more dangerous than anticipated, with a mysterious and dangerous cult after the same artifact as Daring. Rainbow Dash has to stop them while facing the reality that Daring Do may not be the hero her books make her out to be.
- Recomended by Clato Lawa
- Status: Ongoing - updated once a week
- Synopsis: Based on the Daring Do Tropes page and presented as a 'Rebuild' of the 'original novels', the first story follows Daring Do's famous first published adventure - After crash landing deep in the Hayan Jungle, Daring Do must evade Ahuizotl and his minions along with everything the jungle an throw at her as she tries to obtain the legendary Sapphire Stone. First in a series of Sixteen stories.
Whip and Wing by Fernin
- Recommended by: Liirian and NightElf37
- Synopsis: (Taken from fic's page) The Medallion of Light and the Medallion of Shadow are some of the most powerful yet obscure artifacts of antiquity. Created by a now-vanished cult of assassins, the two devices together give their bearer the incredible power to walk the worlds with but a single step. Nefarious forces are closing in on both artifacts, and very little stands in their way. Heinrich Himmler's agents covet the medallions for the greater glory of the Third Reich. Ahuizotl's simply want their master to get what's coming to him: the world, and everything in it. With the fate of all good people and ponies in doubt, one thing's for certain: saving two worlds would be one hell of an adventure. And if adventure has a name, it must be Daring Do… or is that Indiana Jones?
Daring Do and a Place Called Home by bookplayer
- Recommended By: garbo802
- Synopsis: (taken from story page) Few ponies know that Daring Do is a real pony, her adventures only rarely bring her back to Equestria. But any time they do, she's drawn to a hut inside a gnarled tree in the Everfree Forest, where the zebra she loves waits for her. This time, Daring offers Zecora a choice, to send Daring off on another dangerous adventure, or keep her safe at home. To find the answer, Zecora will have to weigh heart against soul, and love against desire.
- Recommended By: crowmagnon
- Synopsis: This fic is told in two interwoven narratives. The main plot is about Rainbow Dash coming to grips with her love for her friend Applejack, only to accidentally hook AJ up with another pony in the process... her own idol, Spitfire! The secondary plotline is a series of scenes from the Daring Do book Rainbow Dash is reading, in which Daring forms an unlikely partnership (and more) with a nameless gunslinger.