A My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Fanfic
by Zyxx, found here
Set a few years after (the current point in) the series, the story follows the relationship of Spike and Apple Bloom. Their young love takes a serious turn when she finds herself pregnant with a half-dragon, half-pony foal. How will their family and friends react, and what will this halfbreed child mean for them and Equestrian society as a whole?
This Fanfic contains examples of:
- But I Can't Be Pregnant!: Apple Bloom's reaction to the news. Justified in that the father is Spike the dragon.
- Falling in Love Montage: Perhaps not the straightest example, but a good chunk of the first chapter centers around Apple Bloom and Spike bonding with one another to become closer than they ever have been in canon.
- Fantastic Racism: Rarity's reaction to the news is less than pleasant.
- Somewhat explained by Sweetie Belle as the result of being taught by her family because of the past. Also see WMG.
- Furry Reminder: Ponies go into estrus in this universe. Spike had the misfortune of being stuck inside a room with Apple Bloom when she got hers.
- Half-Pony Hybrid: Spike and Apple Bloom's unborn child. There have been others in Equestria's history and Zebra History. Apparently, Zebras appreciate the hybrids far more according to Zecora.
- Interspecies Romance: One of the big part of the conflict in this story.
- Teen Pregnancy: Oh very much.
- Nurse Redheart as well in the past.
- Wacky Cravings: Taking so much stranger forms for Apple Bloom, having not just cravings for spicy food, but feeling urges to lay out in the sun, or needing gemstone supplements.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Spike gives one to Rarity when she gives in to her anti-interspecies bigotry.
- Rainbow Dash also chewed her out and Twilight does to a limited extent later.
- Wild Mass Guessing: In-Universe example, Sweetie Belle suspects her family had an uncle or other such relative who married a donkey and caused a scandal, souring the family's outlook on interracial relations since. Sweetie Belle herself not withstanding.