Sherlock: Are you the real John?
Desire: Yes, of course! Who else would I be?
Sherlock: I've met two other men today who said they were you.Sherlock Holmes is having a bad day. His flatmate has been kidnapped, he's stuck in the middle of nowhere, and he's fighting off hordes of monstrous beasts from his darkest nightmares.Oh yeah, forgot to mention, he's in Silent Hill.Welcome to Silent Hill is a crossover between Silent Hill and Sherlock, AU for the latter series after The Great Game. It's notable for being one of the few fics where Sherlock, as opposed to John, is the one who's forced to fight through the monsters and insanity.There are 37 chapters in all, plus two alternate endings. The entire series can be found here.WARNING: This fic contains explicit violence, drug abuse, torture (both physical and psychological), brief sexual references, and swearing. Lots of swearing.
This fanfic contains examples of
- Afraid of Blood: Sherlock hates the smell of blood after Silent Hill.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: The John-A-Likes
- Arc Words: Sherlock loves twice as much as he hates
- Alternate Ending: Well, it is a Silent Hill fanfic...
- Anguished Declaration of Love: The canon ending has a "recipient refuses and has a mental breakdown" version. Played for drama, of course.
- Back from the Dead: John; twice.
- Bittersweet Ending: Sherlock, John, and the reborn Hannah escape; but Sherlock and John are psychologically — and in Sherlock's case, also physically — scarred, possibly forever.
- BFS: Pyramid Head, of course.
- Body Horror: The tentacle nurses. Sweet lord, the tentacle nurses!
- The "I Love You" Stigma: Played horrifically straight with the John-lookalikes' declarations towards Sherlock.
- Sawed-Off Shotgun: Sherlock's weapon of choice by chapter 30.
- Talking in Your Dreams: John and the mothers of God.
- Unrequited Love Lasts Forever: Sherlock towards John. Though the last couple of chapters hint that there might be hope for him yet.
- Your Heart's Desire: Essentially what Desire-a-Like is for Sherlock.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: Pretty much everything that happens.