"Crash? You were expecting a thud."Weird Incident Shit is a Tumblr-based comic-format crossover fanfiction between Problem Sleuth and Touhou. The plot is based around a simple prompt: "What if the window on Problem Sleuth's door wasn't fake? What if it led to Gensokyo? What if Problem Sleuth got trapped in Gensokyo using this combination?"Still in the early stages, it's hard to tell what Weird Incident Shit will shape up to be.
Weird Incident Shit contains examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Given the setting, it's almost required.
- Art Shift: When Ace Dick fights Rumia in a Danmaku battle, the art shifts to display the battle the same way that the games do: a Bullet Hell sequence.
- Dynamic Entry: Downplayed when Marisa has to dive out of the way as Yukari appears.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Problem Sleuth realizes pretty quickly that Reimu Hakurei has one.
- I Have No Idea What I'm Doing: Yukari cheerfully tells Problem Sleuth that she has no clue why he's in Gensokyo or how he got there.
- Neck Lift: Downplayed; Reimu flies Problem Sleuth to the Hakurei Shrine while carrying him by the collar.
- Non-Standard Game Over: You have to GO BACK if you challenge Reimu to a fight.
- Portal Door: Or, rather, a portal window in a door. Somewhat downplayed due to the fact that it disappears as soon as you've gone through it.
- Pretty Freeloaders: Implied that this is what Reimu thinks of Marisa and Yukari.
- The Chessmaster: So far, it's been averted (Yukari, Touhou's usual Chessmaster, is completely out of the loop) but Word of God says that Yukari will eventually be up to her usual antics.
- Word of God: It says that Ace Dick and Pickle Inspector will join the already-gathered Reimu Hakurei, Problem Sleuth, and Marisa Kirisame, and that Shikieiki will be a major character.