Fan Fic: Watchmen In Black
Watchmen in Black was my first Discworld crossover. I wasn't trying for any impressive feats of prose - I just had a plotbunny involving the Men In Black pursuing a shapeshifting alien fugitive in Ankh-Morpork with the aid of the Watch. Naturally, Hilarity Ensues.
This fanwork contains examples of:
- Bavarian Fire Drill: Colon and Nobby attempt to stall Vetinari from discovering the fugitive hunt in his own Palace by spinning a tale about fumigating for ninja mimes that no one can see or hear.
- Big Eater: The shapeshifter.
- Cool Shades: The standard MIB-issue Ray-Bans.
- Da Chief: Vimes.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: "Having a Neuralyzer means never having to say you're sorry."
- Out with a Bang: The implied usual fate of the shapeshifter's chosen targets.
- Spit Take: J finally gives in and tells Vimes what the shapeshifter is and what she wants. Vimes is taking a sip of coffee at the time. J gets wet.
- Those Two Guys: Colon and Nobby, in fine form.
- Un Funny: Vimes.
- Venus Needs Men: The more powerful, the better.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting
- You Need to Get Laid: J's implied theory about the root of Rincewind's nervous condition.