Fanfic / War Of The Biju
War of the Biju: The Fourth Shinobi World War
is a Alternate Universe fanfiction of what had happened right after the Invasion of Pain in Naruto
. Instead of Danzo Shimura
being named the Candidate Rokudaime Hokage by the Daimyo, Shikaku Nara quickly nominates the hero of the village, Naruto Uzumaki to be Hokage. Realizing that at this point if he uses his Kotoamatsukami
to force the Daimyo to make him Hokage anyway after he liked how Naruto described, Danzo lets it happen, biding his time till he can take the Hokageship
. Thus the fanfic goes into the Five Kage Summit arc with Naruto being Hokage, characters like Neji getting the spotlight (fighting evenly with Sasuke until he breaks out the Mangekyo Sharingan) and even making Taka useful (nearly taking down Kakashi with teamwork). Naruto and Sasuke (who rapidly matures his Mangekyo) fight, and Naruto defeats his full Susano'o
with a Rasenshuriken
. Just as he's about to capture the defeated Uchiha...'Madara' arrives and takes Sasuke away to be healed as well as Taka.
Notable for giving female Naruto characters the limelight and making them stronger, and has plans of making all the Rookies have notable fights in the War.
It's compared to The Hokage's Will
in the beginning, since it was inspired by it.
Tropes this fic displays::
- Action Girl: All the female Naruto characters get to be this in some way or another. Hinata being one in recent chapters due to being Naruto's love interest, even awakening a higher level of the Byakugan. Sakura gets training from Kakashi to make her a more solid Combat Medic. And even Karin is able to form a plan and nearly kill Kakashi with a special trap.
- Sakura defeats Pakura, who is in this continuity a former Godaime Kazekage candidate, Ameyuri Ringo, and with Kakashi's and Monga's help she defeats the fully transformed Yondaime Mizukage Yagura herself!
- A Day in the Limelight: Neji was the first. All the Rookies will get similar days of limelight during the War.
- Adaptational Badass:
- The Konoha 11 are way more badass in this fic than they're in canon. While only Neji has the rank, all of them have Jonin level of skill and power (and in case of Sakura, Kage level).
- Besides the "sharingarm" and Senju DNA, Danzo also has a Rinnegan that his minions collected from one of Pain's corpses.
- Adaptation Expansion:
- The only fight that hadn't been expanded on was The Raikage vs Sasuke. Notable in the Nine-Tails Attack on Konoha...where Hiruzen, kid Yamato, Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and teenagers Kakashi and Gai all get to fight Kyubi. Word of God says the War will be a month instead of a couple days.
- Also, the Gold and Silver Brothers are given a rather extense backstory, which detail their Start of Darkness.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Boy does Naruto show he deserves the Hokage post by beating Sasuke, breaking 'Madara's' mask, and defeating Kyubi in one on one combat.
- Big Bad Ensemble: Like in canon, we have Tobi and Kabuto in a paper thin alliance, with both of them waiting the chance to betray the other. Orochimaru later decides to join the fray for his own reasons.
- Broken Aesop: Unlike the manga, averted. Besides giving them a A Day in the Limelight, the Konoha 11 fighting and winning against the past legendary ninja resurrected by Kabuto showcases the "new generation surpassing the old" theme that the manga tried (and failed) to deliver.
- Clothing Damage: Naruto's jacket and shirt are damaged by Sasuke's Susano'o arrow, and Hinata's coat and mesh shirt are torn open by Kabuto when she tries fighting him.
- Combat Pragmatist: Danzo has the Sharingarm like in canon, but added Nagato's Pain Path eyes to give him Animal Path's powers, Human Path's, and eventually Asura Path's.
- Cool vs. Awesome: Sasuke's Final Susano'o vs Naruto's Senjutsu-enhanced Futon: Rasenshuriken. Rasenshuriken wins.
- Day in the Limelight: All the Konoha 11 gets it in the War Arc, each showing how far they've came by fighting elite undead shinobi oftentimes one on one and in Rock Lee's case two on one and win.
- Death by Adaptation: Characters that mde it to the end of the war alive bite dust here, such as Hana Inuzuka, Choza Akimichi and Hiashi Hyuuga, among others. Also, in this fanfic Tobi isn't Obito, and the real Obito has been death for years.
- Flash Step: Minato's, A's, and Naruto's later fighting style.
- Heel–Face Turn: Karin. Unlike the manga, she doesn't go back to being a Sasuke fangirl after defecting (despite the fact that in this fic Sasuke never attempted to kill her in order to kill Danzo), is actually made part of the Shinobi Alliance Force, and fights alongside Sakura.
- Killed Off for Real: As of right now, Hana Inuzuka, Hiashi Hyuga, Choza Akimichi and Danzo have been killed in the war.
- Lightning Bruiser: A.
- One-Man Army: Several characters: All the Kages, Naruto himself, Rock Lee, Sakura, Neji, and even Hinata have shades of it for the heroic side, Kabuto, Tobi, and all resurrected shinobi on the villain side.
- Spared by the Adaptation: In contrast to the opposite trope above, some of the characters that died in the manga managed to survive here (so far), such as Danzo (though he does get killed by Sasuke later in the story), Konan and Kisame. Oh, and Kushina is alive too, she has been Tobi's prisoner since the day Naruto was born.
- Start of Darkness: The Gold and Silver Brothers path of evil started when back in the Warring Clans era, Madara and a few other Uchiha massacred their clan, with them and a few others as their only survivors.
- Took a Level in Badass: The entire Konoha 11. For example, Tenten is said to have Jonin level of skill, fights on a Power Armor she built herself, and managed to defeat an Edo Tensei of a Konoha Jonin powerful enough to be considered a candidate for Hokage, all by herself (though she only defeated him the second time they fought). And according to the author, she's the weakest of the group.