Two Worlds; One Family is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfic written by Mr. Enter, which can be read here
It was late on a winter's night when Fluttershy found a strange creature nestled in a basket on her doorstep. This creature looked like some sort of hairless ape, which eventually turns out to be a human. Fluttershy takes the poor infant inside, and names him Harry—hoping that that name would keep him warm. She tries to raise him as just another one of her animal friends, but he acts so much more equine than any of her other animal friends. Then one day, Harry starts talking, and calling Fluttershy "mama." From that day on, she decides to raise Harry as her own—to the mixed reactions of both her friends and the other citizens of Ponyville.
Two Worlds; One Family contains examples of:
- Baleful Polymorph: Harry in chapter 11. Not for long though.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: it turns out to be both the cause of all Harry's problems, and their solution
- Call Back: This isn't the first time Fluttershy brought a strange creature to Ponyville, and Pinkie Pie is quick to remind her.
- Cool Aunt: All of the other mane six to an extent, but especially Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.
- Doorstop Baby
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Harry goes through a lot of hell throughout his life, and it eventually ends with Princess Celestia casting a spell that makes Harry appear dead and have Fluttershy super guilt-trip the townsponies, getting them to accept him for who he is.
- Fantastic Racism: Harry is constantly on the receiving end of this.
- Fountain of Youth: Discord made Harry twenty years younger, turning him into an infant in return for taking him to Equestria
- Giant Spider: Harry and the Cutie Mark Crusaders get attacked by one in Chapter 10.
- Good Parent: It's the kind, motherly Fluttershy. What would you expect?
- Happily Adopted: One of the few good things about Harry's life is his family.
- Ironic Name: Fluttershy names Harry so specifically because he has no hair.
- Kids Are Cruel: IN SPADES.
- Mama Bear: Saying bad things about Harry around Fluttershy is a very bad idea.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Rarity in chapter 7.
- Not Quite Dead Harry in chapter 16.
- Parents Know Their Children: Fluttershy knows who her son is, even if he looks like a deformed dragon-creature.
- Raised by Ponies