Berry Punch: I hear you met our town’s resident dragon.
Green Grass: Yeah, and Spike too.The Traveling Tutor and the Librarian
is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
comedy/shipping fanfic where the return of Green Grass, the school district's traveling unicorn magic teacher places him in a Sustained Misunderstanding
with Twilight Sparkle, who had been teaching the students since her arrival in town. Only the power of friendship (and a certain amount of tinkering from the townsponies) can save the day for them and their students before complete disaster strikes, but maybe there is a little more than friendship in store for the two young teachers.
Considerable innuendo and romantic interference from their friends, family, and (ahem) royal teachers only add to the confusion. Original story created:
Feb 6, 2013
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Accidental Proposal: One simple word spoken wrong by Princess Celestia's Herald leads to Extra! Extra! Read All About It! headlines.
- Action Girlfriend: She’s the Element of Magic, multi-time heroine of Equestria. So why fall for him?
- Almost Kiss: Happens twice, and of course the second time it is Caught on Tape.
- Arranged Marriage: Green Grass is facing his fate reluctantly, even willing to try a Fake-Out Make-Out with Twilight that winds up being Hoist by His Own Petard
- Berserk Button: Don't deface a library book around Twilight. Particularly a reference book.
- Celibate Hero: So why would anypony be afraid of dating a mare with this many powerful friends?
- Insecure Love Interest: Green Grass decides he’s not good enough for Twilight. Her friends disagree.
- Nice Guy: At heart, Green Grass is one of these. He’s just in over his head, mostly in the fountain.
- Did They or Didn't They?: A constant question by Twilight's friends. Mostly answered NO!
- Dream Tropes : Several kinds here
- Flirting And Courtship: Neither of the two of them plan on this at the start
- Footnote Fever: Starts slow and builds.
- Innocent Innuendo: The story practically runs on this.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: While still claiming She Is Not My Girlfriend
- Jewish Mother: Twilight Velvet, who manages to be both a Education Mama as well as a Cooking Mama at the same time.
- Maybe Ever After: The ending
- Race for Your Love: Inverted: in that Princess Celestia "Suggests" he participate in the Running of the Leaves
- Safe Word: Promised by Green Grass, in the form of a required Permission Letter from her parents or Princess Celestia What? You think I’ll tell you here? Go read it.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: (or Stallion) With all the manipulative ponies Twilight has met, she is not quite certain what to do with one who seems honest for a change.
- Sustained Misunderstanding: A constant battle throughout the entire story.
- The Talk: Inverted, in that Twilight's mother not only has given her the talk, but a test and a study guide.
- Train-Station Goodbye: Last scene in the story