Fan Fic: Total Drama Survival
Total Drama Survival
is a fanfic by The Starlight Socialite
on fanfiction.net, and is her first Total Drama
fanfiction. The author considers it a fix fic
of the first season.
The cast, like in the original Total Drama
, has twenty-two brand new contestants
, all with their own personal stories
and character development
The story has been in the production stages since the beginning of 2012
due to the author previously suffering severe writers block
to the point that the fic has been cancelled several times
She decided to revamp the fic after reading a fellow fanfiction, Total Drama Stranded
, that left her heavily inspired.
Interested parties can read this story at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9138685/1/Total-Drama-SurvivalSpoilers may be unmarked. You have been warned.
- A Father to His Men: Mason
- Abusive Parents: Thomas' dad, and Kat's parents (according to her.)
- Ambiguously Gay: Chris and others believe that Hayley is homosexual, but they may simply be making assumptions based on his behavior and crossdressing. Hayley himself has said nothing on the matter.
- Attention Whore: Genevieve and Hayley stand out as prime examples.
- Author Tract: This happens on occasion on the "Author Remarks" sections that appear before and after a chapter.
- Bare Your Midriff: Felicity, Jazmin, Kat & Stephanie
- Belief Makes You Stupid: David. Justified, due to his upbringing.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Felicity
- Break the Haughty: Paisley. Being the first out, she is broken quickly.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: This is brought up on occasion.
- The Bully: Blake, to Thomas and Zayden.
- Casanova Wannabe: Jacob
- Chivalrous Pervert: Jacob
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: This work is heavily populated with cuckoos.
- Augustus. His philosophical discussions and specifically, his manner of speaking.
- David, solely due to his extreme naivety. Emphasize on "extreme".
- Ethelinda is seen as such by Chris and the other players, although it's ambiguous whether she really is. Some contestants also see her as a phony due to her overall appearance and her seemingly outlandish claims of possessing magic powers, clairvoyance and levitation ability.
- Tania is the lightest example. She is highly optimistic, compared to most of the cast. Her randomness and quirky nature also puts her on this spot.
- Zayden, his constant daydreaming discract him from reality.
- Crossdresser: Hayley
- Dark and Troubled Past: This seems to be a recurring theme to many of the characters.
- Implied for Hayley, Iris, Kat and Zayden, although no details have been given.
- Mason's parents kicked him out of the house and sent him to boot camp due to his former rebellious nature.
- Thomas' father kicked him out of the house age six. Then he was put in an adoptive home where his peers bullied him.
- Deadpan Snarker: Several, with Lois being the most prominent.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Seth has this attitude. He regards "sympathy crap" as insincere.
- Does Not Like Magic: The reason why, according to Ethelinda, her homeworld “Ithika” detests Earth.
- Dumb Blonde: Felicity tries to pass herself off as this.
- Elderly Immortal: Ethelinda claims to be 1,459 years old. Nobody believes her.
- Eyes Always Shut: Augustus whenever he talks.
- Fearless Fool: Blake
- Garage Band: Seth's band, "The Grudge."
- Gender-Equal Ensemble: Having the exact same ensemble as canon (11 females, 11 males.)
- Genre Savvy: Michele
- God Is Good: David says that God will "fix everything bad eventually."
- Go-Getter Girl: Paisley & Stephanie
- Granola Girl: Michele & Paisley
- Hates Everyone Equally: Many characters, but most notably Genevieve and Seth.
- Hormone-Addled Teenager: Big-Daddy and Jacob, the former being far worse.
- It's All About Me: Blake & Genevieve
- Jerkass: Another common trait among the cast. Big-Daddy, Blake, Genevieve, Jazmin, Paisley, Seth fit the bill, as does a "stealth jerkass".
- Laughing Mad: Iris' signature laugh raises questions about her stability.
- Lazy Bum: Zayden
- Like Is, Like, a Comma: Felicity, as a part of her strategy to divert suspicion.
- The Load: Big-Daddy
- Magic Music: How Ethelinda casts her magic.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Tania is this to Thomas.
- Manipulative Bitch: Genevieve, mostly during eliminations.
- Nice Guy / Nice Girl: David, Ethelinda, Michele and Tania.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Iris
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Felicity pretends to be The Ditz, but in fact knows exactly what's going on and cares nothing about anyone else.
- Odd Friendship: There's quite a few in this fic.
- The Philosopher: Augustus
- Politically Incorrect Villain: Felicity with her strong hatred for gays and people of other ethnicities other then her own.
- Pretty Boy: Seth, according to Hayley and Stephanie.
- The Prima Donna: Genevieve
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Mason is red, the energetic, emotional one whilst Nigel is blue, the more calm, rational one.
- Rich Bitch: Genevieve
- The Runaway: Kat. This is the most important element of her backstory.
- Sarcasm-Blind: David is completely oblivious to Lois' sarcasm. Justified, he was isolated from the modern world.
- Sassy Black Woman: Jazmin, played straight.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Augustus' type of speech.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Felicity has a foul mouth in the confessional, but only there.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Blake
- Shrinking Violet: Thomas
- Soapbox Sadie: Paisley
- Team Dad: Mason, for the Killer Conquerors
- Team Mom Michele, for the Screaming Crybabies
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Kat - Tomboy, Stephanie - Girly Girl
- Too Dumb to Live: Big-Daddy
- True Blue Femininity: Felicity - her blue jacket and blue pants.
- The Unintelligible - Big-Daddy, every sentence he speaks is hard to understand.
- Valley Girl: Stephanie is a downplayed example. She does not say "like" every five seconds and seems to have some sort of intelligence. Felicity appears to be a straight example, but it's really part of her facade.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Felicity and Genevieve.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: David and Mason
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Paisley
- Younger Than They Look: Lois' is a teenager, but her picture makes her look more like she's in her thirties.