Total Drama Equestria
is a fanfic
written by a trio of authors known as Jus Sonic
(who also authored Curse Of The Demon Pony
), Toonwriter and Orange Ratchet
. It is a crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
and Total Drama
Following Total Drama All-Stars
, Chris Mclean is preparing for season six when he receives a contract and CD from a mysterious individual urging him to host a new season in the land of Equestria. Chris then lures the previous Total Drama contestants (plus Beth's boyfriend Brady) to a warehouse to convince them to compete, and, when they refuse, uses Knockout Gas
so they can be converted into ponies
. Now these 38 teens (plus Josh and Blaineley) find themselves in a strange world of talking ponies and must learn to get along with the locals and compete in more insane challenges and deal with Chris and his new co-hosts, Discord, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, in addition to keeping their true nature a secret.
Oh, and a mysterious one-eyed pony from Equestria's past is wandering around searching for some ancient weapon. So there's that.
The story can be found here
. It is still in progress.
The teams are as follows:
Magical Unicorns: Gwen (captain), Courtney, Mike, Zoey, Geoff, Bridgette, Katie, Sadie, Trent, & Duncan
Flying Pegasuses: Alejandro (captain), Heather (becomes new captain after the latter's elimination)
, Leshawna, Noah, Anne Maria, Izzy, Tyler, Sam, Dakota, & Jo
Grounded Earth Ponies: Scott (captain), Lindsay, Owen, Justin, Ezekiel, Blaineley, Lightning, Brick, Eva & Staci
Immortal Alicorns: B (captain), Dawn, Cody, Sierra, Cameron, Harold, Josh, Beth, Brady, & DJ.
Elimination Order (WARNING!!!! SPOILERS!!!!
1. Blaineley (Total Drama World Tour) (eliminated 1st)
2. Jo (Total Drama Revenge of the Island/All Stars) (eliminated 2nd)
3. Alejandro (Total Drama World Tour/All Stars) (eliminated 3rd)
4. Cameron (Total Drama Revenge of the Island/All Stars) (eliminated 4th)
5. Geoff (Total Drama Island/Action) (eliminated 5th)
6. Staci (Total Drama Revenge of the Island) (eliminated 6th)
7. Owen (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour) (eliminated 7th)
8. Brady (new character, but appeared in Total Drama Action) (eliminated 8th)
9. Zoey (Total Drama Revenge of the Island/All Stars) (eliminated 9th)
10. Mike (Total Drama Revenge of the Island/All Stars) (eliminated 10th)
11. Courtney (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour/All Stars) (eliminated 11th)
12. Duncan (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour/All Stars) (eliminated 12th)
13. Justin (Total Drama Island/Action) (eliminated 13th)
14. Anne Maria (Total Drama Revenge of the Island) (eliminated 14th)
15. Lightning (Total Drama Revenge of the Island/All Stars) (eliminated 15th)
16. DJ (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour) (eliminated 16th)
17. Dakota (Total Drama Revenge of the Island) (eliminated 17th)
18. Josh (new character, but was introduced in 'Celebrity Manhunt: Total Drama Reunion') (eliminated 18th)
19. Beth (Total Drama Island/Action) (eliminated 19th)
20. Tyler (Total Drama Island/World Tour) (eliminated 20th)
21. Heather (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour/All Stars) (eliminated 21st/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
22. Gwen (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour/All Stars) (eliminated 22nd/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
23. Leshawna (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour) (eliminated 23rd/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
24. Trent (Total Drama Island/Action) (eliminated 24th/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
25. Cody (Total Drama Island/World Tour) (eliminated 25th/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
26. Brick (Total Drama Revenge of the Island) (eliminated 26th/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
27. Eva (Total Drama Island) (eliminated 27th/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
28. Sam (Total Drama Revenge of the Island/All Stars) (eliminated 28th/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
29. Sadie (Total Drama Island) (eliminated 29th/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
30. Sierra (Total Drama World Tour/All Stars) (eliminated 30th/involved with the search for Tuerto's eye)
31. Izzy (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour) (eliminated 31st)
32. B (Total Drama Revenge of the Island)
33. Bridgette (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour)
34. Dawn (Total Drama Revenge of the Island)
35. Ezekiel (Total Drama Island/World Tour)
36. Harold (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour)
37. Katie (Total Drama Island)
38. Lindsay (Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour/All Stars)
39. Noah (Total Drama Island/World Tour)
40. Scott (Total Drama Revenge of the Island/All Stars)
This story features examples of:
- The Atoner: Mike is hoping to make up for what he did as Mal back in "All-Stars."
- Also Ezekiel, who apologizes for his actions in "Zeek and Ye Shall Find."
- Baleful Polymorph: All the TDI cast (and Brady) get turned into ponies. Averted with Chris and Chef though.
- In one chapter, Celestia turns Chris into a frog after he rants/whines about Ezekiel being changed back to normal one too many times.
- Berserk Button: Twilight's is somepony harming Nyx, or calling her a Mary Sue or a Scrappy, something Jo learned the hard way.
- She also doesn't like it when you tell everypony that she and Celestia are a couple.
- Ben's is anypony hitting on Twilight; Alejandro really should've known better.
- Heather's is Alejandro hitting on her, as she has a new boyfriend now.
- Don't you dare say that Grimmore is more evil than Chris.
- Big Bad: Tuerto, although Scott is one for the actual game.
- Big "NO!": Heather gives several of these upon learning she won't be getting a free car and was tricked by Chris. Courtney gives one later for the same reason. (According to a tally Izzy made, Gwen apparently gave the most of these out of everyone).
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Pinkie as usual, and now Izzy seems to be able to do it as well.
- Both Pinkie and Izzy sometimes actually reads the script in the confessional.
- After winning the Element recreation challenge for her team, Izzy comments that she is Crazy Awesome and wants to be acknowledged as such if anyone makes a TV Tropes page for the story.
- Butt Monkey: Justin seems to get the hurt the most. Alejandro too, for the aftermaths, as no one there treats him with any respect (of course, he deserves it).
- Character Exaggeration: Jo on the series is mean-spirited and definitely worthy of being on the Villainous Vultures, but not outright malicious. This version is a straight up bad guy, who hates Nyx for no discernible reason (even openly threatening to kill her), shows no respect to the world's leaders, and calls several dumb contestants "retards."
- *Cough* Snark *Cough*: Alejandro does this in one of the Aftermaths, after Gwen makes up with Courtney "lesbians."
- Continuity Lockout: Not for the main shows themselves, but if you are not familiar with several of the author's other works, then several things will not make sense to you. note
- Crazy-Prepared: Brick says that Twilight is this after she traps him when he attempts to steal the crystal chest, even saying that someone should say Twilight is this on the work's page.
- Cuteness Proximity: Blaineley's reactions to the ponies. It's what eventually leads to her elimination, as Celestia fears her hugging all the ponies in sight will give away that they are humans.
- In the dare challenge, Duncan can't bring himself to break his Pinkie Promise to Nyx due to this.
- A Death in the Limelight: Chances are if a contestant is heavily focused on during a chapter, then they're the one going home.
- Death Glare: All the contestants give Chris one when he asks them if he would ever hurt them.
- Zoey gives Anne Maria one when she reminisces on her "good times" with Vito.
- Digging Yourself Deeper: After Chris watches Heather hug her stuffed cat on camera, he comments having seen it before, making Celestia upset that he looked in on the girls. Chef then notes that they often used the cameras to spy on the girls in the shower; Chris then tries to explain himself, before Luna tells him to think before he speaks.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Alejandro has this problem, noting that, despite being the captain of his team, nobody on it likes or listens to him. Gee why could that be?.
- Early-Bird Cameo: From the writers' views, some of the Pahkitew Island contestants were confirmed to be as such.
- Anti-Heroic Cripple: Heather's pegasus form ends up with a busted wing due to her not being ready during the transformation.
- Face Palm: Scott does this when he accidentally picks Staci for his team.
- Film Fic: The third challenge was based around the four cartoons that played the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2, specifically Woody Woodpecker's "Convict Concerto", Tom and Jerry's "Cat Concerto", and the Merrie Melodies shorts "Rhapsody Rabbit" and "Rhapsody in Rivets".
- Green-Eyed Monster: Sierra over Cody & Sadie being so close. In actuality, the two are Just Friends, and Cody says he wants to be with Sierra, provided she tones down the crazy, which her being jealous of the two doesn't help.
- Heroic BSOD: Bridgette goes into one after breaking up with Geoff,and his subsequent elimination. It takes a while for her to get out of it.
- Chris goes into one after realizing the contestants are in danger from Tuerto. It also gets really deeper after he talks with Blaineley.
- How Do I Used Tense?: All over the place.
- Humans Are the Real Monsters: The reason Tuerto turned evil; he found out how humans treat ponies back in the 1980s, when people were still using ponies/other animals for their experiments. Today, there are companies that protect animals from this abuse, but the damage had been done, Tuerto would most likely not care about what humans do to ponies or other animals nowadays.
- Humiliation Conga: Not only do Courtney & Duncan end up handcuffed together, but Harold sabotages the goodbye pie the others gave them causing them to be covered with sugar and bitten by fire ants.
- Loophole Abuse: Izzy gets back together with Owen, on the grounds that it was her "Brainzilla" personality that broke up with him, not her.
- Mirror Match: Izzy and Pinkie do this immediately on meeting each other. Not surprisingly, they become fast friends.
- Mistaken for Gay: B assumed Gwen and Courtney were lesbians, until Scott told him otherwise. The idea of Courtney being a lesbian turned into a running gag.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Chris gets this after realizing he'd brought the teens into a world where a crazy human hating pony is on the loose, causing him to go into a Heroic BSOD.
- Not Quite Dead: The fate of those that are "parafried."
- Not So Different: Several of the transformed teens find themselves easily bonding with members of the Mane Six or their families,, due to shared interests. These pairings include Twilight & Noah, Izzy & Pinkie, Lindsay & Rarity, DJ/Dawn & Fluttershy and Mike & Nyx.
- Oh Crap: Chris's reaction upon finding out that Celestia invited Blaineley and Josh to participate in the season.
- Gwen, upon learning that the only two contestants left for her team are Trent and Duncan.
- Reality Ensues: Upon learning they've been turned into ponies, Gwen, Scott, B and Alejandro's reactions are to panic, as any normal person would.
- Reason You Suck Speech: Heather gives one to Alejandro RIGHT before his eviction.
- Rousing Speech: Chris gives one of these to the cast to persuade them to participate in the season. Naturally, it fails.
- Brick gives one to the Mane Six before the "face the physical manifestations of your fears" contest. Unlike Chris, his works.
- Running Gag: Chris calling people who oppose Ezekiel's transformation a kobold necromancer and them replying that they have nothing to do with the dark arts.
- Pinkie Pie ending up in the confessional, even though she isn't even playing the game or even aware of what it is, and Chris or Chef commenting on it.
- Chef getting Miss Harshwhinny's name wrong.
- Courtney in the confessional insisting she is not a lesbian, then beginning to wonder if maybe she is.
- Justin doing something to upset Diamond Tiara, resulting in her bodyguard, Maxim Talos, beating the horseapples out of him.
- Chris getting mad whenever someone says that Grimmore is more evil than him.
- Schmuck Bait: Chris lures the kids to the warehouse with a flyer promising each of them a free car. Not one of them questioned it, despite how suspicious it should be. Beth even points out her flyer specifically told her to bring Brady, yet she still fell for it.
- Seldom Seen Species: Despite alicorns on the show being very rare, here there's a whole team note of them. Nopony thinks to comment on this.
- Ship Tease: Between Katie and Noah, and later, Dawn and B.
- Shipper on Deck: Sadie, Cody, and Twilight shipped Noah and Katie together. Twilight even shipped Gwen and Trent together.
- Shout-Out: To The Elements of Harmony and the Savior of Worlds as Megan's books from that series are what Chris tries to use to convince the cast that Equestria is real. note
- When Ben first introduces himself, Izzy and Sierra believe him to be Nermal, Chester McBadbat, or Max Goof. Ben then lists off several other characters voiced by Jason Marsden that he is not.
- Lindsay's stuffed animals are named after villagers from Animal Crossing New Leaf, and even Chuggaaconroy.
- Along with a few parody songs of some Mary Poppins songs, the entire 'Jolly Holiday' sequence from that same film is there as well (Song Parody, of course).
- The Aftermaths take place in the Equestria Girls universe, with human!Vinyl Scratch serving as co-host (and yes, there is a human version of Twilight).
- Something Only They Would Say: After learning about the Changelings, Owen begins to suspect that Izzy might be one. When she fails to reassure him that she isn't, he asks her to do something only "the real Izzy" would do, resulting in her planting one on him.
- Song Parody: There are quite a few littered throughout the whole story (minus some songs that used the whole lyrics from actual movies).
- The Stations of the Canon: The first elimination challenge involves the cast going through the same challenges the Mane Six went through in the first episode (with a few added surprises, courtesy of Chris and Discord) with some of the TDI teens reenacting parts of that episode (for example, Izzy singing a modified version of "Giggle at the Ghosties").
- Suddenly Voiced: B can speak as an alicorn, explaining his previous lack of talking as believing people wouldn't be able to understand what he was saying.
- Take That: One to Cupcakes; Pinkie gives the teens cupcakes she claims contain "pony parts" and after they spit them out, says she was just joking because "I ain't a pony killer."
- Also when Noah wonders if them becoming ponies means they're gonna cosplay as furries, Chris has this to say:
Chris: (scoffs) No. Cosplaying is for people dressing up in costumes and going to cons, and being a furry is for perverts because they don't have lives.
Noah: Whereas, we're being ponies, going to some 'enchanted world', and it's for the contestants that DO have lives.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Courtney says this word for word when Chris proposes the new season.
- This Is Reality: Upon seeing the promo video Discord shot, Gwen's first words are "wait a minute, is this animated? This can't be real." This coming from a girl in an animated spoof of reality shows.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Being transformed into ponies restores Ezekiel and Dakota back to their non-mutant selves (well, minus being turned into ponies, of course), much to the chagrin of Chris. This carries over into their eliminations, as when Dakota gets eliminated, she returns as her normal human self, as opposed to Dakotazoid.
- Token Evil Teammate: Alejandro for the Flying Pegasuses and Scott and Lightning (and later Jo) for the Groundin' Earth Ponies.
- And if you wanna really stretch the meaning of "evil", Duncan for the Magical Unicorns (and later for the Groundin' Earth Ponies.
- Took a Level in Badass: Several of the show's weakest characters (Cody, Cameron, Harold, and Beth) are now alicorns.
- The Unreveal: Heather's boyfriend. He's been mentioned plenty of times, but the best anybody (even Alejandro) can get out of his name is Bu...
- What The Hay Celestia?: Luna asks this when she learns that, during a fit of anger over Ben's disappearance, Celestia destroyed Twilight's favorite stuffed bee. This can also be a reference to My Little Pony: The Mentally Advanced Series.
- Working with the Ex: Gwen is stuck with Trent and Duncan on her team. Gwen eventually gets back with one of them, and it's not Duncan...
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Scott pulls this on Lightning once his plans to break up the girls' alliance fails.