Fanfic: Time Fixers Nicktoons Of The Future
Time Fixers: Nicktoons of the Future is a fanfic series created by SOLmaster and animyx, which is a spin-off of different Nicktoons Unite fanfics written by both authors, which in turn is a spin-off of Nicktoons Unite
Taking place twenty years in the future, the series centers around Darry, son of Danny Fenton
; Tammy and Tommy, children of Timmy Turner
; and SpongeTron, a robot clone of SpongeBob SquarePants
. With the original group of Nicktoons now grown up, they form a new group of Nicktoons and, under the guidance of original Nicktoon leader Jimmy Neutron
, team up to save their worlds from threats of evil. Also featured are a group of trainee Nicktoons formed of Dannyís daughter, Yuki, SpongeBobís children, Crash, Junior, and Twitchy, and Takís
daughter, Kida. The series is an action/comedy fic that follows the adventures and mishaps of the Nicktoon decedents as they try to follow in their fathersí footsteps.Season 1Season 2Season 3
The series provides examples of:
Tropes A to F
- Adult Fear: Even though the adults of the series are perfectly fine with their kids fighting against villains and saving the world, since they did the same when they were their age, there are moments that are too nerve-wracking to watch their kids go through.
- In "Search for the Five Crystals", when the Nicktoons are captured by the Syndicate and the Toybots and locked away with their fathers, Danny immediately notices that Darry isn't among them. The Toybots just laugh in amusements since they were the ones who left Darry to freeze to death in Anartica.
- Jimmy nearly has a heart attack when SpongeTron and his infant son, Max, are being held hostage by the Syndicate.
- Danny also feels this after Darry runs away just hours after he lost control of his ghost powers and nearly killed his father. It only gets worse for Danny when Dark Dan grabs his wife and daughter and is about to kill them both. Then during the final battle, Darry nearly dies in Danny's arms after using his Ghost Rage.
- Timmy goes crazy when Tammy and Tommy are put on trial in Fairy World.
- Adults Are Useless: Averted.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parent: SpongeBob is this in "Polluted Friendship", embarrassing Buster in every way possible and being completely oblivious about it.
- Asleep for Days: Darry sleeps for three days after using his ghost rage to defeat Dark Dan.
- Armor-Piercing Slap: Jimmy receives one from Cindy in "Search for the Five Crystals".
- Francesca also does this to Darry after Poof extracts the Love Emotion out of her in "Emotion Sickness".
- Big Damn Heroes: Darry has one in "Shadow of the Past" when Dark Dan Phantom is about to kill Sam and Yuki.
- The Nicktoons and the SquarePants family break into DarkEvil's lair just as the latter tries to control SpongeTron to kill Jimmy.
- "The Cool Cadets" has the adult Nicktoons and a squadron on ST-Units arrive to arrest the Syndicate after a fight with the Nicktoons and the Nicktoon Cadets.
- Bilingual Bonus: In "Curse of the Wirebot", SpongeTron speaks both German and Japanese, revealing he is fluent in pretty much every language.
- In "Wrath From Beyond", Darry attempts (and fails) to speak Japanese while with his family in Japan.
- Birthday Episode: Yuki has one in "Birthday Wish".
- Brought Down to Normal: Darry in "This is a Life?". He gets his powers back in "Steel Titan Rises".
- The Bus Came Back: Vlad Masters in "Shadow of the Past".
- Butterfly of Doom: Tammy goes back in time to invite a ten-year-old Jimmy to her school dance. To stop her, Tommy sprays a substance bottle in Jimmy's face, which happened to be Megalomanium. After going back to the future, Jimmy has become an evil overlord that has taken over all their worlds and Cindy leads a resistance of the Nicktoons to defeat him.
- Camping Episode: "Camp Keep A Nicktoon Down".
- Christmas Episode: "A Christmas Captivity".
- Cooldown Hug: Danny gives one to Darry after the latter unleashes his Ghost Rage and nearly goes on another rampage. It is very heartwarming and succeeds in calming him down until Dark Dan Phantom grabs them both and begins to absorb their ghost halves.
- Courtroom Episode: "The Great Zappy Case" is this, with Darry trying to help Tammy and Tommy Clear Their Name after they are accused of a crime they did not commit.
- Darker and Edgier: The second season is a lot darker than the first.
- Date Peepers: Darry, Tommy, and SpongeTron spy on Tammy's date with Jesse 13 in "Crushed" and "Seven", believing both times that there was something the latter was hiding.
- Disney Death: Goddard, Jimmy, and Darry in "Shadow of the Past".
- Dream Eater: Nightmare Juju.
- Emotional Powers: It is heavily implied that Darry's ghost powers are linked to his emotions since upon receiving shadow controlling powers, it negatively affected his personality, his Ghost Rage is triggered by his anger, and he loses his powers upon feeling a lack of confidence. And according to Vlad, his Ghost Rage was brought upon by him bottling up the negative emotions he was always feeling.
- Everyone Can See It: Crash's "secret" crush on Yuki is known by everyone, except Yuki herself.
- Evil Costume Switch: When SpongeTron joins with DarkEvil, he is in robotic appearance instead of his cloaking skin that makes him look like a younger SpongeBob, mirroring his first appearance when he was a crazed robot seeking revenge against his creators. At the end of the story, he changes back into his cloaking device once he turns good again.
- Evil-Detecting Dog: Goddard barks at SpongeCog (who is disguised as SpongeTron) as soon as he sees him in "Birth of SpongeCog".
- Face-Heel Turn: SpongeTron does this in "Reign of DarkEvil. He joins back with the Nicktoons again after DarkEvil betrays him.
- Forced to Watch: As part of his plan to torture Jimmy into telling him Danny's secret, DarkEvil forces Jimmy to watch as he orders the SpongeCog robots to smash Goddard to bits. It's enough to break Jimmy into telling him everything.
- DarkEvil forces Timmy, Danny, and Tak to watch as he controls SpongeTron to destroy Jimmy.
- Four-Man Band: The Nicktoons
- Fountain of Youth: Time Dementors have the ability to do this and Jimmy becomes ten again when he encounters one "Cycle of Ages". However, the de-aging does not stop there.
- Full Name Ultimatum: Happens often, Darry being the most prominent.
- Future Me Scares Me: DarkEvil LaserPants
Tropes G to L
- Gender Bender: "Education For Femininity" has Darry, Tommy, Buster, and Poof being transformed into girls in order to go undercover into an all-girls boarding school that Tammy is attending.
- Generation Xerox: The whole point of the series.
- The Ghost: Timmy's wife. This is lampshaded in the series by a few characters who would be interrupted when they try to guess who she is.
- "Gift of the Magi" Plot: Happens between Tammy and Tommy is "A Christmas Captivity".
- Green Aesop: "Polluted Friendship" serves as one.
- Halloween Episode: "Tales from the Scare Zone".
- Heel-Face Turn: SpongeCog 010 does this after DarkEvil and the other SpongeCog robots abandon him, and he is adopted by Tammy and Tommy to be their pet. It turns out he was actually a Heel Face Mole, trying and succeeding to earn DarkEvil's respect.
- Here We Go Again: "Nicktoon Genesis" has the Nicktoons arguing over who is the best out of the original Nicktoons. By the end, Jimmy, Danny, Cosmo, Wanda, and Patrick are arguing in the same manner.
- Heroic BSOD: Darry has one in "Attack of the Killer Plants" due to not having cryokenesis to fight Undergrowth with.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: "Wrath From Beyond" has a samurai ghost kidnapping Sam due to her resemblance to a princess he is in love with and dresses her in a kimono. It was apparently the second time he had done it.
- Inkblot Test: Danny gives some rather amusing answers in "Education For Femininity", up until he sees the last inkblot and proceeds to incinerate it.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Darry and Jimmy appear to be pretty close.
- Interspecies Romance: Happens quite frequently in the series. Notably SpongeBob and Sandy who have gotten married and given birth to seven kids. All of whom are either normal sponges or squirrels.
- Crash (a sponge) also has a crush on Yuki (a human).
- Marie (an octopus) falls in love with Darry (a human/ghost) in "Voleur de Mon Amour".
- Tammy (a human) also seems to be in a relationship with Jesse 13 (a ghost).
- Kids Shouldn't Watch Horror Films: In "Cousin Calamity", Mickey takes the Nicktoon Cadets to watch a Jaws parody movie which scares only Junior so much that he becomes afraid of water. He gets over it by the end though.
- Killed Off for Real: DarkEvil LaserPants as of "Shadow of the Past".
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Happens to SpongeBob in "Reign of DarkEvil".
- Let Him Choose: SpongeTron and Java do this with Max after the latter kidnaps him to use him in a crime spree. Max initially crawls to Java supposedly choosing to go with her, up until he grabs the diamond she has and afterwards crawls to SpongeTron.
Tropes M to R
- Mama Bear: Sam becomes this in "Wrath From Beyond" when the samurai ghost, Wrath, tries to kill Darry and Yuki.
- Cindy also becomes furious when SpongeTron 911 tries to accuse Max of stealing the Zappy Award.
- Massive Numbered Siblings: The SquarePants kids and the ST-Units.
- Mineral Macguffin: The five crystals from the Season 1 finale and Season 3 opener.
- My Little Phony: Junior's favorite show is "My Happy Pretty Seahorse".
- Origins Episode: "Nicktoon Genesis" is one for the Nicktoons, and "Nicktoon Genesis 2" is one for the Nicktoon Cadets.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: SpongeTron becomes a robot version of a werewolf in "Curse of the Wirebot".
- Papa Wolf: All the adult Nicktoons certainly qualify as this. SpongeBob notably shows this during a flashback in "Nicktoon Genesis" when Professor Calamitous tries to kill his three then toddler-age children.
- Danny will also not let anyone, not even his friends, accuse his son of being a threat because of his unstable ghost powers.
- Parents in Distress: The adult Nicktoons are captured by the Syndicate in "Search for the Five Crystals".
- Power Incontinence: Kida has one when she loses her staff due to having untapped Juju powers.
- Darry after he gets Ghost Rage. Flashbacks show that he also had this when he first received ghost powers.
- "Rashomon"-Style: Happens in "The Great Zappy Case".
- Right-Hand Cat: Jimmy uses Goddard as this in "The Cool Cadets" when pretending to be a mad scientist as part of the Nicktoons' training exercise.
- Robo Love: Between Java and SpongeTron with the twist that one is a criminal and one is a hero, though whether Java actually feels the same way about SpongeTron is up for debate. This also sometimes occurs between Java and SpongeCog
Tropes S to Z
- Screaming Birth: Cindy in "Camp Keep A Nicktoon Down".
- Secret Keeper: SpongeTron becomes one for Max when it's revealed that he is super intelligent.
- Shared Family Quirks: All the kids resemble their parents in some way, both appearance wise and personality wise.
- Sibling Seniority Squabble: Tammy (who is 2 minutes older) usually refers to Tommy as her little brother, and Tommy reminds her that they're the same age.
- Sick Episode: "Virus Breakdown" for SpongeTron.
- "Curse of the Wirebot" for Darry.
- Speed Dating: Jimmy does this in "Dating Catastrophe". It goes about as well as you'd expect.
- Superpowerful Genetics: Darry is half-ghost like his father, but is mentioned many times throughout the series to only be "one-quarter ghost" and as so, does not have all of Danny's ghost abilities (super strength, cryokinesis, ghostly wail). He does however gain his own powers (shadow manipulation and ghost rage). Yuki, however, is not half-ghost and the only ability she has inherited from Danny is a ghost sense, which unlike Danny is not linked to another ghost power.
- The Talk: "Princess Kida" has a subplot with Junior wanting to know where babies come from after finding out they don't really come from the stork like his parents told him. Jimmy is too embarrassed to tell him, Yuki tells him babies come from clouds, Kida seems to think they grow on trees, SpongeTron was told that they are manufactured at a factory, Tommy thinks they come from eggs, and Tammy thinks they grow from seeds. Finally, Cindy gets fed up and tells them all the truth, leaving Junior fascinated and the rest of the kids traumatized.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Darry quits the Nicktoons and ghost fighting at the end of Season 2, but joins back up at the end of "This is a Life?", only to realize that he is now unable to go ghost.
- There Are No Therapists: Averted. Jazz Fenton grows up to be one and has helped different characters with their psychological problems.
- Those Two Guys: SpongeTron 363 and 636.
- Tammy's friends, Katy and Irma, also qualify as Those Two Girls.
- Trauma Conga Line: Darry goes through one in "Shadow of the Past" First, his mother can't make it to his sister's Nicktoon graduation ceremony, and due to her traveling the world for her career, it's been a while since he's last seen her. Then his close friend gets captured by their worst enemy and after trying to rescue him, he is quickly subdued and has to witness said friend being stabbed to death. He afterwards finds out that he now has a new ghost power that is brought upon by his anger and since he can't control it, he is a danger to those close by and every time he uses it, it eats away at his life. To top it all off, this all happens when DarkEvil is bringing back Dark Danny to kill all his close friends and family.
- Villain Team-Up: The Syndicate bring back DarkEvil LaserPants to do this. It fails before it could even get started.
- DarkEvil ends up trying to do this in "Shadow Of the Past" with Dark Danny. It backfires HORRIBLY.
- You Monster!: Darry calls DarkEvil this when the latter stabs Jimmy in front of him and plans to do the same to him once Danny arrives.
- You Said You Would Let Them Go: The Syndicate capture the adult Nicktoons in "Search for the Five Crystals" and threaten destroy them unless the Nicktoons bring the five crystals to them. They do and the Syndicate instead lock them with the adults instead.
- You're Insane!: Darry yells, "You're...You're crazy!" to SpongeTron after the robot attacks him not long after activating.
- Your Worst Nightmare: The Nicktoons deal with this in "Frightosphere" at the hands of Nightmare Juju, who's ability can make people live out their worst fears. Tommy is afraid of "Catzilla", Yuki is afraid of a horror move villain Cut-Up Cassie, SpongeTron's is being deemed a failure and locked away forever, Crash is afraid of nematodes, Tak is afraid of gongru snakes, and Danny is afraid of Dark Danny.