Fanfic: The Steel Queen Chronicle
A Vivio-centric Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha fanfiction series by DezoPenguin, with the main attraction being the novel-length Stahlkönigin. The stories are, in order:
- Alternate Universe Fic
- An Axe to Grind: Signum briefly runs afoul of a terrorist wielding a Device of this nature. Very briefly.
- Beam Spam: Plasma Lancer: Legion Shift
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Fate and Signum both deliver one each, to Sonoma and one of his lackeys, respectively.
- How does Fate take Sonoma down? Bardiche interrupts his quick teleport spell with Thunder Rage. Why? because it was fast and easy.
- I Have Your Wife
- Just in Time: Referenced by Hayate, but averted.
- Kill Sat: Heimdall.
- Knife Nut: Sonoma.
- Never A Selfmade Woman: Subverted. Vivio initially assumes this to be the reason she's being invited into active service before completing her formal education; turns out it's just that she happens to fit a hole in a new squad's lineup.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: Fate delivers a grand one to Sonoma near the end.
- Screw Destiny: Vivio partially derails one of Carim's prophecies by tanking Nanoha's Blaster System-enhanced Starlight Breaker... well, its splash damage, anyway. Still impressive.
- Stone Wall: Vivio. Her offensive abilities are paltry compared to most other mages, and her mobility is mediocre, but her defenses are nigh impregnable.
- Training from Hell: A mild example in comparison to some, but Vita's 'training' of Vivio is such that broken bones are considered an expectation, rather than a cause for alarm. Amusingly, the trainer is often the one breaking things trying to punch through Vivio's ridiculously strong defenses.
- And then there's Nanoha and her exaggerated reputation for this.
- Weak, but Skilled: Vivio, after a fashion. Despite technically being weaker than most of the canon cast, she's able to keep up very well through general versatility and inventive use of the things she does excel at.