This Troper Work provides examples for the following tropes:
- Alternate Continuity
- Author Appeal: Obese. Carter. Grayson. When my liking of weight gain is combined with my liking of my favorite Power Ranger series (even though Jacob doesn't escape unscathed, despite not being my favorite).
- Balloon Belly: Like The War of the Ladies, this is subverted, as Carter gains five times his own body weight! In other words, he grew very, very fat, complete with a triple chin, arms and legs with rolls, and the spandex stretching across his body.
- Crack Fic: Probably what would be the result if the Terrible Crossover Fanfiction Idea Generator said, "Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue and Twilight. The story should use weight gain as a plot device!" Even
the actorseveryone involved in both series would probably go, "What the Hell?!"
- Fan Disservice: obese!Carter has his shirt ripped. Only when Chad admits that he once told Jacob that he had potential does the Red Ranger show his chest, complete with fracking sagging man-boobs, making Chad faint.
- Grand Finale: For The Multiverse (Mainly The Arcadian Legends) vs. Twilight Saga.
- Shirtless Scene: Both Carter and Jacob have one. Only they are obese, with Jacob about to pop.
- Shown Their Work: Silver bullets can kill a werewolf. Mind you, in this one, Jacob doesn't die immediately.
- Stuff Blowing Up: After drinking an alternate fattening potion, Jacob explodes.