Fan Fic: The Luck Of Dennis St Michel Viscount Stokington
A most amusing and innovative account of the myriad adventures of an 18th-century rapscallion and rogue whose quotidian missives are "posted" on the "Inter-net" in the form of one of the notorious and scandalous "weblogues".In other words, think Jane Austen meets Dennis the Menace (US) . Designed to be funny and witty, and to make Dennis the Menace enjoyable (and make Dennis a menace) again, even if that means warping the characters into nasty, nasty grown-ups. Additionally, many of the the supporting characters are from other comics or literature. Based, very loosely, on this The Comics Curmudgeon bit.Unfortunately, it's been at a dead stop since September of 2008. It isn't hopeless; he went quiet from late December of 2007 to August of 2008, as well, so he may come back.It can be found here.
This work provides examples of:
- Character Blog: All of the entries are told in the first person; the "cover story" is that they're excerpts from Dennis' memoirs written years later.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dennis himself.
- Didn't See That Coming: One of Dennis' schemes seems to work perfectly, but a totally logical chain of events ends up with Dennis losing a fortune and locked in a French prison. Cue the trope title.
- Loveable Rogue: Dennis
- The Mark: Sir Julius, Edward Mills
- The Munchausen: Dennis
- Regency England: The entries currently take place in 1794, although there's references to later periods in Dennis' life.
- Rich Bitch: Margaret
- Shout-Out: Tons, from Batman: The Animated Series to The Princess Bride.
- Upper-Class Twit: Joe MacDonald
- The Vicar: Dr. Staneglass
- Zany Scheme: Most of Dennis' plans to enrich himself or, better, his friends fall into this category.