Fanfic: The Irony Of Applejack
The Irony of Applejack is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction by Mister Friendly. It is complete and has two sequels: The Irony of Applejack Aftermath: A Warm Hearth, which is also complete, and The Advent of Applejack, which is in progress.Official Description: For most of Applejack's life, she didn't know what she was. True, she understood who she was well enough.But ponies don't change shapes, nor do they get strength from love.Applejack never thought too hard on it... until the events of a certain wedding brought about some harsh realizations.Now, with Equestria still reeling from the surprise attack, will Applejack manage to come to terms with what she is? Will she even be able to keep her secret safe?For if the royal guards don't get her first, the conspirators in the shadows just might...Needs Wiki Magic Love
- Big Bad: Vigil, though he's merely The Dragon to the Bigger Bad Chrysalis.
- Big Brother Instinct: Big Mac. When the Apple family first found out Applejack was a Changeling, they ran into the barn for protection, leaving the infant alone. When Applejack started crying Big Mac left the barn and without hesitation hugged her.
- Butt Monkey: Sergeant Carapace.
- Cerebus Retcon: Remember that flashback to a previous Apple Family Reunion, where we saw the adorable baby Applejack, while her relative didn't know who she was? Well, it turns out that she was abandoned there.
- Curbstomp Battle: Dozens of Changelings surrounding Big Mac... Right where he wants them.
- Expy: Vigil's pony form is compared to a male, unicorn version of Daring Do.
- Fatal Flaw: Vigil's is his obsession with perfection.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: Pinkie reenacts the scene from Season 2's finale where she grabs Twilight and uses her as a gatling gun. And paraphrases Scarface when she does it."Say hello to my purple friend!''
- Happily Adopted: Applejack turns out to be a young Changeling Queen that was adopted into the Apple Family.
- Irony: Applejack, the Element of Honesty, is a shapeshifting Changeling. It's even lampshaded by the title!
- Made of Iron: Big Mac has flesh like stone.
- The Perfectionist: Vigil HATES failure.
- Secret Keeper: Both Big Mac and Granny Smith know that Applejack is a Changeling.
- Sequel Hook: The first story, at least, ended with Vigil confronted with a changeling from another hive and what was implied to be Queen Chrysalis having briefly greeted Applejack incognito.
- The Stoic: Vigil doesn’t show much in the way of emotion.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Applejack knew she wasn't a normal pony, but she didn't know she was a Changeling, or even what a Changeling WAS, until after the wedding invasion. She doesn't really take it well.