Jean Bart: "Now you shut up, my boy! My chicken on Farmville need to hatch!" (Motions to a pot of boiling eggs)
Trafalgar Law: "This guy has some serious vision issues."The DysFUNctional Pirates
is a 2011 One Piece
fic by Oxenstierna D. Yuki-Rin. In the fic... Well, here's the summary:
"Basically, pirates all over the Grand Line from the Capricorn Pirates to the Straw Hat Pirates to the Heart Pirates and even the Marines are caught up in cracky and abnormal situations. Kick back, grab a comfy seat, get some popcorn, and watch the chaos."
In short, it's a One Piece Crack Fic
that's going strong with 40+ chapters and no end in sight. A Christmas spin-off, The Dys FU Nctional Christmas
exists as well as a director's cut of the story Da Hungah Games
. This fanfic contains examples of:
- Brick Joke: Boa Hancock's behavior in "Night at the Learning Annex". Because of it, she got banned from appearing in a few chapters. She does make a return in "Law and Bepo at KFC", to the disgust of Nami.
- Butt Monkey: Everyone in this fic, especially Law, Smoker, Ace, Mihawk, Nami, and Sanji.
- Cameo: Grell from Black Butler makes a cameo in "Why we Can't Celebrate Spring Break".
- Crack Defeat: How Molly and Law won "Stranded in... A Parked Car". Kaku lost because he went to go get a soda, Olvia lost because Aokiji told her that something bad happened to Ohara, Doflamingo rolled off of the car in his sleep, Hina sleepwalked out of the car, Sengoku had to leave the show after Pwngoat swallowed a Nintendo Wii remote, Chimney had to go to the bathroom, Perona had to meet Gecko Moriah somewhere, and Arlong got arrested.
- Crack Fic
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: "Evita! The Abridged Parody!"
- Gag Series
- It Makes Sense in Context: The decision to cast a Ke$ha wannabe as Wiress in "Da Hungah Games".
- Mood Whiplash: Chapter 38. It starts off as a hilarious parody of The Hunger Games trilogy, but it ends with a tearkerking, heartwarming dedication to the people who died or went missing in the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster in Japan, as the chapter was posted on the anniversary of the quake.
- No Fourth Wall: In most of the chapters.
- Noodle Incident: The mention of a place called "Grandpa Garp's Bauhaus Village" causes the cast to shudder. Whatever happens (or happened) there has not been revealed yet.
- Played for Laughs: Anything that happens in this fic.
- Parody: "Evita! The Abridged Parody!" is a parody of Evita.
- Re Cut: There's a director's cut of Da Hungah Games. Word of God states that Selleck Waterfall Sandwich (the oneshot in the fic, not the dead fic of the same name) may also get a director's cut.
- Reference Overdosed: Played for Laughs in all of the chapters.
- RickRoll: Happens to Law, Kidd, Bonney, Killer, Nami, Sabo, Ace, Kartik, Matsu, Sanji, and Robin in "The Phantom of the Venetian Las Vegas" when they discover that the phantom is Rick Astley.
- Happens again at the end of the first anniverary special for the fic.
- Running Gag: Serveral, including Blaise's Ho Yay tendencies toward Mikuri, the song "Oh No, You Didn't" from Mercenaries, the World's Largest Stapler, and the fact that Hancock got banned from a few chapters because of her Learning Annex lecture.
- Shout-Out: See Reference Overdosed.