Princess Twilight Sparkle discovers a centuries-old mystery hidden in the Royal Archives. Her investigation leads through layer after layer of deception and misdirection, setting her hooves on a path that seems to be leading to a mysterious secret. Along the way, she learns that some friendships can be very, very strange.
The Celestia Code is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
fanfiction written by iisaw. It has been featured
on Equestria Daily
and can be found here
. It has a sequel, The Luna Cypher
, which can be found here
- Advanced Ancient Acropolis: The city ruins in the Badlands.
- Badass Bookworm: Twilight. In chapter 1 she tries to buy info from a dragon. It rears back to flame her. She sighs. And then uses percussive negotiations.
- Berserk Button: Threatening anyone Twilight likes. This includes known-only-a-few-chapters Jigsaw.
- Book Burning: Done by Twilight to make sure Sombra's plan to kill Celestia doesn't happen.
- Country Matters: Implied that Jigsaw says this, much to the chagrin of the horrified Twilight.
- The Dreaded: Twilight's first diplomatic letter to Chrysalis mentions this; she was angry (see Berserk Button above), and saying what she would have done had Jigsaw been hurt.
[A]ll civilized beings would spit on the ground in utter disgust and horror at the mention of my name, for generations to come.
- Dreamworks Face: Just look at the image! ——->
- Fantastic Racism: The ancient unicorns against the other pony races.
- Footnote Fever: Done frequently, to humorous effect.
- In Medias Res: Starts in the middle with Twilight burning books, and the then the plot jumps back to the beginning of the story.
- Master Race: The ancient unicorns.
- Orbital Bombardment: Part of how Twilight convinces the Changelings to leave her and Jigsaw alone for a while. She sends a polite letter to Chrysalis (and makes clear she knows where she lives), then 'borrows' a little bit of Luna's territory. 'It's the velocity that counts. E-sub-k equals one-half m v-squared, after all, and I gave it a whole lot of v!'
- The Precursors: The ancient civilization in the Badlands.
- S-Word Privileges: Jigsaw yells something about 'screwheads', and uses this to justify saying that about unicorns.
- You Said You Would Let Me Go: Twilight promised to let a changeling she captured go if said changeling took her to a captured friend. Once the friend is released, Twilight then turns—slowly—towards it. And walks slowly towards it. (Note that part of Twilight's 'persuasion' involved lava. Namely, making lava via its components, rock and heat.) Naturally, this is Twilight. She sends a sternly worded memo.