Fanfic: The Altered Fate Of Draco Scales
A Prequel of sorts to Pink Personal Hell And Altering Fate
that follows a similar plot, whilst at the same time not being two separate perspectives. It starts when a young human's world is turned upside down when Rainbow Dash
crashes into his house from seemingly nowhere, and it all goes on from there.
This page is currently a work in progress, so expect Tropes to be added in gradually. You can read the story here
- Animal Eyes: After his first transformation, Draco's eyes retain their draconic appearance. They also serve as his Cutie Mark.
- Author Avatar: Whilst having a different appearance to his real-life counterpart, Peter is based upon himself, down to all his likes and dislikes.
- Berserk Button: Draco's has his pushed a few times:
- When he sees the CMC being bullied. This triggers his first transformation.
- Gilda pulling mean pranks
- Angel disrespecting Fluttershy and pushing her around.
- Despair Event Horizon: The mirror that Peter/Draco finds in chapter five shows him pretty much the low point of his life, and that the events that were displayed showed that he was almost pretty much tempted to take his own life. This gets even more painful when you take into account that this stuff really did happen to the author.
- Allegedly, the mirror is not shy to showing this - Nightshade has her own mentioned too.
- Dude, Not Funny!: In-Universe response to Gilda's pranks.
- Emergency Transformation: Nightshade.
- Fisher Kingdom: Equestria
- Gadgeteer Genius: Twilight manages to get a few ideas how a computer works with magic. Potential Magitech down the line?
- Humans Through Pony Eyes
- I Choose to Stay: Nightshade had in the past, as well as Draco
- Product Placement: This was made slightly before the time, but the other card game Peter suggests trying to teach Rainbow Dash is Cardfight!! Vanguard. Bushiroad, the company behind Vanguard, are the distributors of My Little Pony in Japan.
- Punny Name: Casabaleric = Casablanca. Of course!
- Draco claims that he comes from Wiltshire. Whilst there is a Wiltshire in the UK, allow your mind to put it into Pony context.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Zecora. And just like with Nickel, it's pretty contagious.
- Rule of Funny: Pinkie Pie's first instinct when there's a flood in Equestria? Get Bubble Bath!
- Scaled Up: Draco turns into a giant dragon when his anger peaks. He soon learns how to change into a smaller (still larger than a pony) form at will.
- Sequel Hook: Draco Scales namedrops Dominic from Pink Personal Hell and Altering Fate
- Shapeshifting: Draco Scales finds out this is his talent.
- Shipping: Between Draco and Fluttershy.
- Unusual Euphemism: One instance of Draco suddenly breaking into rhyme is met with him shouting "HOLY FRICKING CELESTIA!"