Fanfic / Talos Angel
"Stay safe, stay away from binge drinking, and know that there ARE people who will help you, even if it doesn't seem like it. Thank you.
What happens when you give a yukkuri
a fanfiction.net account and access to alcohol? You get the works of Talos Angel.
Talos Angel is an aspiring writer on Fan Fiction
.net who releases a new chapter or story altogether every month or so. As an Otaku, she tends to write shows with girly characters
as well as more gritty, action-packed
video games and animes. The fanfictions have recurring themes, such as cool weapons
, and anti-homophobic ramblings fraught with misandry
Her fanfictions undergo a lot of criticism. Her more fervent critics consider her a hilariously bad
storyteller, comparing her to Peter Chimaera
and Squirrelking. Despite negative reviews, she's a very good sport about such grievances and extracts the advice from it, always striving to be a better writer.Works Talos Angel has written fan ficiton for:These Fanfics provide examples of:
- Alternate Universe: In Glee: the Best Day of Glee's Life, wherein the setting is post-apocalyptic.
- Anachronism Stew: Ubiquitous in her Touhou fics.
- Then again, the franchise is inherently like that.
- Artistic License – Biology: M Preg and 2FPreg is a plot device to a good chuck on the stories.
- Also, surgical transplantation of a fetus.
- Big "NO!"
- Card-Carrying Villain: Gilferd, Harry, and the Psychochiatrist.
- Warhummer 40K Second battle for earth has hate-magnet author Matt Ward become this as to humorously call out to the Warhammer 40,000 fandom.
- Coitus Ensues: Whenever a couple confesses their love for each other, most the time, they have sex in the next sentence.
- Crack Fic: What some of her fics evolve/degrade into. An especial example is Legend of Doom: Hyrule is Doomed!
- Dead Fic: Mountain of 2 hasn't been updated in a year and a half. She eventually retconned it all out anyways.
- Demonization: Poor Gilferd, you're probably a nice person in Real Life.
- Dramatic Reading: Stevo the Human seems to be particularly fond of this author. He has done both a full reading and re-entactment of "Reimu fights the bad guys of adkrness [sic]" in create.swf.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Suika in Mountain of 2: Chance at Eternity
- Eldritch Abomination: Gilferd as depicted in Sakura Wars: A Dark Day in the Big Apple.
- Follow the Leader: A fan of hers intentionally wrote a fanfic while drunk and uploaded it to fanfiction.net.
- For the Evulz: Gilferd.
- Genre Savvy: "PSYCHE! I have extra lives!"
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Talos Angel herself.
- In-Name-Only: Her Glee fic is more like Fist of the North Star.
- Mind Screw
- MST: Roukanken did ones for three of her fics, while Spaztique and Stevo the Human did one for Mountain of 2.
- Mythology Gag: in MEW MEW GEAR SOLID, Solid Snake uses the pseudonym "Larry Hastings." Maybe Evil Uncle Larry is a Shout-Out to her first story on fanficiton.net.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. Her girlfriend's name is Alice. She writes a fanfiction for a universe containing an Alice Margatroid. In one fic, Marisa and Patchouli procreate and name their love child Alice.
- Parody Retcon: Written one drunken evening, retconned the following morning.
- The Pollyanna: No matter how much flack she gets, Talos always strives to be a better writer.
- Real Life Writes the Plot
- Rouge Anglesof Satin: Occasionally in her more sane works, but signature in her drunk writing.
- Self-Deprecation: She has occasionally makes jokes about her style, as well as reference other people's jokes about her style.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Gilferd von Baggins or Gilfred von Baggens, or something like that.
- Squick: Invoked in The Poisonous Doll Tale.
- Stealth Pun: The Fan-Fiction-Writing Yukkuri said in an interview that her filling is Lemon pulp.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Eliphas asks Sindri to help get Gilfred, Psychiatriast, some guy named Jonathan (Whose only crime was being mean to Alice) and Firaeveus Carron. Then...none of them ever get mentioned again when Eliphas and Matt Ward go attack the Blood Ravens.
- World of Pun: Lampshaded in Blank Blood Apotheosis.