fanfic series starring Mewtwo and an original human character. Brenda Johnson, a homicide detective for the Viridian City PD, crosses paths with Mewtwo during an investigation. He ends up joining the force under the human disguise "Vahan Smith". The two work together
to solve several disturbing cases, and one humorous but irritating one.
Tropes present in this work include:
- Badass Normal: Brenda. She kills two of the rogue experiment Pokemon's bodies with her gun and a sword.
- Crazy-Prepared: Giovanni. For one thing, the swords on display in his living room are not display-only pieces but real, battle-ready swords.
- Chekhov's Sword: Brenda ends up wielding one of the aforementioned swords during the final confrontation of Sword and Shield.
- Cowboy Cop: Brenda. It rubs off on Mewtwo.
- Dirty Cop: A good chunk of the Viridian police force is on Giovanni's take
- Genki Girl: Allison.
- Killed Off for Real: Mewtwo kills Giovanni at the end of Sword and Shield.
- Knight in Sour Armor: Brenda.
- Late Arrival Spoiler: Giovanni dies, Mewtwo stays on the force
- Secret Keeper: Brenda's half-sister Allison, their mother, and the nurse who tended to Brenda after her injuries in Sword and Shield all know "Officer Smith" is really Mewtwo.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Two-way version between Mewtwo and Brenda, who have been growing closer and closer over the series but refuse to acknowledge it.
- The City Narrows: Where Mewtwo's apartment is. Brenda even refers to it as "The Shades", to Mewtwo's annoyance.
- They Fight Crime
- Villain with Good Publicity: Giovanni Rocketto, who is in no way connected with Team Rocket, it's just an unfortunate name coincidence.
- What an Idiot: In the most recent story, a gamer calls in to report murder because his ex-girlfriend killed his MMORPG character. Mewtwo and Brenda are NOT pleased.