Fan Fic: Spikes Day Off
After Spike stays up all night fixing the fence, Twilight realises that he's been working too hard lately, so gives him the day off. Spike is at a bit of a loose end with what to do with his free day and Twilight faces the challenge of fending for herself, which is of course, a recipie for disaster.Can be found Here
Tropes appearing in this fic
- Amusing Injuries: Poor Twilight...
- Beleaguered Assistant: Spike, while willing to go out in the blustery weather to fix the fence, is not above complaining about it.
- Epic Fail: Twilight's attempts at fixing the roof and the toilet. In the end, all the distractions result in her blowing up a tea pot at which point she breaks down crying.
- Hyper Competent Sidekick: "If you're lucky enough to have an assistant, don't let him out of your sight or all hell will break loose!"
- Must Have Caffeine: Spike downs a HUGE jug of coffee in a single gulp.
- Non Sequitur Thud: Twilight, after falling through Sugar Cube Corner's window trying to replace roof tiles.
- No Sympathy: Played with. The morning after the fence if fixed, Twilight berates Spike for falling asleep at the table, having been up working all night, but then she realises what he'd been through for her and gives him the day off.
- Spoof Aesop: See Hyper Competent Sidekick above.
- Swirlie: Poor Twilight ends up accidentally giving herself one...in a dirty toilet.
- The One Guy: Spike.He contemplated visiting one of his male friends. Then he realized that he didn't have any male friends. His entire social life consisted of hanging out with a bunch of girls.