is a fanfic written by Stinkfly3
. It was inspired by Wreck-It Ralph
and it features most of the cast from the Total Drama Island
Summary: Mike Austin longs to be as beloved as his game's other playable characters, including his friends Cameron Watson
and Anne Maria Peterson
. Problem is, Mike has zero popularity
due to not having any real powers
. But the gamers do love the others... so when a modern, first-person shooter game arrives featuring tough-as-nails Jo Dawson
, Mike sees it as his ticket to popularity and happiness. He sneaks into the game with a simple planówin a power boost
óbut soon screws up everything, and accidently unleashes a deadly enemy that threatens every game in the arcade. Mike's only hope? Zoey Maple
, a perky and cheerful glitch from a game that combines roller skating
and archery who might just be the one to teach Mike what it means to have popularity. But will he realize he is good enough to become a popular character before it's "Game Over" for the entire arcade?
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Beetle Maniac: The theme of Beetle Wars.
- Bilingual Dialogue: Staci only speaks German even though she understands English.
- Catch Phrase:
- Mike: "No cuts, no buts, no coconuts!"
- Cameron: "Tank missile!"
- Zoey: "Time to fight dirty!"
- Character Blog: The author made one for Mike so anyone can ask him questions about the fanfic. You can view it here.
- Expy: It's probably going to take a whole page to cover this one.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The Roller Rink racers are flirtatious and wear very little clothing. No wonder their game is located in an adult arcade.
- Milestone Celebration: The fanfic starts off with the characters from Avengers Showdown celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of the franchise.
- Ms. Fanservice: All of the girls in Roller Rink wear revealing outfits and behave flirtatiously.
- Shared Universe: With Wreck-It Ralph since Litwack's Arcade is right next door to the McLean Fun Zone.
- Shout-Out: Cameron's Catch Phrase is the same as Iron Man's in How It Should Have Ended.
- Unpopular Popular Character: In-universe. Mike is viewed as this because most gamers don't want to play him, but he's friends with other video game characters.
- The Cameo:
- The Loading Bar, a hangout that serves 5 Gum, is actually a video game podcast series from Spill. As an added bonus, Korey Coleman, Kevin J. Baird, Nick Hodges, Jason Murphy, and Professor Jeff serve as bartenders.
- The Simpsons have been the surge protectors for West Game Central Station ever since their game was unplugged.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: In-universe. It's kind of obvious that the McLean Fun Zone is NOT appropriate for younger gamers.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Mike doesn't have real superpowers. He just has suction cups and mechanical web-shooters.