- With mild trepidation, dark-natured cosmic tangents scissored, crossed, folded into vexatious concisions, as boundless as the sea, the spiraling rubical blood nimbus cut asunder by the long lady fingers of morning sunshine. Time tick-tocked steadily against the corridors and the clean-shaven mammals inside, inefficient mouths murmured, articulating half-true sentiments that held no bearing for the concession of death, rebirth, ashes to ashes, legs valiantly pumping, throttling the tiled white with overbearing pomposity.
— The opening lines. Overbearing pomposity indeed.
Spacedust and Chaos: A Requiem includes examples of:
- Lampshade Hanging: "Overbearing pomposity" - probably unintentional.
- Mills and Boon Prose
- Mind Screw: This fic makes its source material look positively tame.
- Obvious Beta: The sudden shift into Script Fic and back more than slightly resembles the way first drafts often go.
- Purple Prose
- Script Fic: Inexplicably shifts into one of these halfway through.
- Slash Fic
- Title Requiem
- Word Salad Title: Unless the "chaos" bit refers to the writing style.