''"When I was in fifth grade, I had a life altering event: My bestie Emma and I went to a planetarium.
It was amazing. Countless thousands of stars, the nine planets (And screw astronomers, Pluto is TOO a planet), hundreds of moons, tens of thousands of asteroids, all of them had names. One by painstaking one someone had gone to the effort to name, catalog, and list out known traits of each one. Satellite flybys and telescope observations, these brief touches, fleeting glimpses, yet they could tell so much- but with each one I felt a gnawing sense of loss or lack, when I’d finished reading everything they had on it. Except Earth, of course, but I already KNEW what Earth was.
Emma found it kind of cute, but boring. Still, in her eyes, better than an afternoon in REAL classes. Me, though? I wanted to know more. I wanted to know all of it. In that one, stark, shining moment, I wanted to know everything about everything."''
A (not so) completed Worm
fanfic by Yklia
written on the Spacebattles forums.Silent
is the fastest updating Worm Fanfic
currently known. An AU
, Taylor Hebert loses the capacity for speech
after the locker incident
. But Taylor's voice isn't the only thing that changes about Taylor. She Triggers, with the power to copy other powers
Full story provides spoilers for Worm.
Silent provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic
- Elaborate Underground Base: Coil's still dwelling in one.
- Foreshadowing: The entire story is riddled with bits and hints, with a high consistency internally considering the entire thing is basically a first draft.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Shades of this appear in the discarded timeline where Eden is revived.
- Retcon: The original ending was an alternate timeline Coil discarded.
- Schizo Tech: Tinkers. Just, Tinkers. Coil even states that this will be what causes Humanity's rise once more in the ending.
- Super Speed: Not in story, but the author's chapters were posted ludicrously fast, leaving some forum goers to speculate that said Author was secretly the AI, Dragon, a Eldritch entity, or sacrificing the souls of her readers to update so quickly. One reader calculated her word count to be 45,000 words in 96 hours.
- Title Drop: Taylor's eventual cape name. Dropped by Dennis. Additionally, each arc not only linked a common word associated with the title (silent suffering, silent stalker, etc) but each arc explored the possible definitions of the arc's name. Such as in Stalker, where the arc alluded both to Shadow Stalker herself, as well as how Taylor stalked SS not unlike Sophia and Emma were stalking Taylor during spring break.
- The Force Is Strong with This One: Taylor can instantly identify capes which she is able to copy.
- There Is No Kill Like Over Kill: Implied. Taylor's battle against the heroes of the protectorate and the rest of the world.
- Worthy Opponent: Taylor and Sophia. This comes as an enormous surprise to Taylor.
- Wham Episode: The ending to the Leviathan fight: Taylor's shard is rebuilding Eden. And it just succeeded.
- Scream 6a.1 The Slaughterhouse 9 show up after Clockblocker froze Leviathan to join the fight and Jack Slash has Danny.