Fanfic: Superwomen of Eva: Fiery Return
When Yui became trapped within Unit 01, she thought she would be forced to live alone, helpless to do anything to help Shinji. She was wrong. She's not alone. And now...she's back.Superwomen of Eva: Fiery Return by orionpax09 is part of the Marvel Comics "side" of the Neon Genesis Evangelion Superwomen of Eva Super Fic multiverse. Simply enough, Yui Ikari, feeling powerless because of being trapped within Evangelion Unit 01, wishes to be able to do something to fix her son's life. Her prayers are answered when the Phoenix Force makes contact with her.
- Brainwashed and Crazy / Drunk on the Dark Side: Averted. The Phoenix Force advises that this may happen if it possesses Yui, and Yui is pretty ready to pay that price for the sake of helping her son, but Shinji proposes an alternative which involves Yui being a "radio repeater" avatar for the Force's power instead of full-blown possession. It works.
- But Now I Must Go: The Phoenix Force and a freed Lillith at the end.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The entire Angel War once Yui gets Phoenix powers.
- Deus ex Machina: The whole story is pretty much a build-up towards Yui becoming a walking example.
- Ironic Hell: Gendo is placed within Evangelion Unit 01's core by Yui as punishment for the horrors he had done to their son.
- Mama Bear: Yui gets her greatest wish in the context of the story: not needing to be the OS of a Humongous Mecha to pull this off.
- Meet Cute: A non-romantic example. The first interactions of Yui and the Phoenix Force within the Core of Unit 01 are akin to the interactions between a timid animal and a human, with lots of patience and allowing the Force to stop feeling afraid of Yui.
- Offscreen Moment of Awesome: The rest of the Angel War and taking out SEELE. It happens during a Time Skip before the very last scene.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: In rapid succession once she's out of Unit 01: a Curb-Stomp Battle to the first Angel she faces off, blowing open all of NERV's conspiracy, giving Gendo a What the Hell, Hero? speech, and then putting him in an Ironic Hell...
- Sensual Spandex: It's Yui Ikari in the Phoenix's uniform (Unit 01 purple instead of green, even). What else could it be? Gendo gets a nice Double Take upon seeing her the first time, too.
- Take Me Instead: Shinji's first reaction to the Phoenix Force's warning, before thinking up the third option mentioned above.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Yui (and Misato)'s reaction to Gendo throughout the whole story.