Fanfic: Superwomen of Eva 2: Soaring High
Chiyo Suzuhara, little sister of Toji, suffered a horrible accident the day of the Angel's attack, and thought her life changed forever. Until she found a lost legacy her mother left behind...Superwomen of Eva 2: Soaring High by Rassilon001 is a Superwomen of Eva story in which Toji's sister, Chiyo Suzuhara, finds some ancient Egyptian artifacts and becomes Hawkgirl.
- Adaptation Name Change: Per Word of God, it was a conscious decision to give Toji's sister the name Chiyo.
- Alternate Universe: In addition to the obvious, unlike the other stories in the series, Soaring High seems to be based more on Rebuild of Evangelion than the original Neon Genesis Evangelion. This appears to be a plot point, as it seems Gendo is working off the original Neon Genesis Evangelion playbook.
- Apocalypse Cult: The Light of the Divine, naturally.
- Bare Your Midriff: Hawkgirl's costume.
- Broad Strokes: The approach to Superwomen of Eva 2: Lone Heir of Krypton and other stories in the series, especially if one keeps in mind that other stories are based on the original Neon Genesis Evangelion plotline, while Soaring High is going off of the Rebuild of Evangelion plotline.
- Cat Up a Tree: At one point, Chiyo's so bored that she's lamenting the lack of even this kind of superheroing to do.
- City of Adventure: With no fewer than six superwomen (Hawkgirl, Supergirl and others), Soaring High's version of Tokyo-3 has by far the highest population of superwomen in the entire series.
- Clothes Make the Superman: Hawkgirl gains her powers from a variety of items:
- Composite Character: Copperhead, by Word of God.
- Determinator: Chiyo demonstrates these traits right out of the gate after Sachiel's attack.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: Downplayed. She's not breaking anything she doesn't intend violence on, but she's hitting bad guys a lot harder than she intends.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Possibly. It's a little unclear.
- Handicapped Badass: Chiyo is paraplegic due to the injuries she received during Sachiel's attack. That doesn't stop her from beating heads in with her mace.
- Hostage Situation: Hawkgirl's first public debut.
- Jossed: Chiyo's name — already subject to Adaptation Name Change as mentioned above — has been Jossed by Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0.
- Legacy Character: Hawkgirl is revealed to be one by a report Kensuke wrote for class on pre-Second Impact history. Of course, given the reincarnation aspect, whether this actually counts as a Legacy Character or the same character in a new life is up for debate.
- Most Common Superpower: Thankfully averted, given the character in question. Well, aside from one omake.
- Not the Fall That Kills You: Hawkgirl catches Toji after he's sent plummeting off a high-rise by the Light of the Divine.
- Plucky Girl: Chiyo is this in spades.
- Police Are Useless: As is Section Two, when the Light of the Divine kidnap Shinji, Toji, and Kensuke.
- Reincarnation: The version of the Hawkman mythos used is the Egyptian reincarnation, not the Thanagarian police officer. Though Thanagar is apparently still involved somehow.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Kaworu seems fond of this.
- Superman Stays out of Gotham: Strangely, despite sharing the city with five other superwomen, Hawkgirl has yet to actually run into any of them.
- Throwing Off the Disability: Thanks to an experimental surgical treatment from Yamagishi Enterprises, Chiyo is later able to walk again.]]
Alternative Title(s):Superwomen Of Eva 2 Soaring High
Superwomen of Eva 2: Electric Return FanWorks/Neon Genesis Evangelion Superwomen of Eva: Legacies: Batgirl Beyond