Fanfic: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Legendary & Ancient Discoveries
- Darkness. It consumes the light, allowing evil to stir. If darkness consumes what is righteous and powerful, then what will happen? This is a question that has been asked for centuries, never with an answer. Until one fateful night.
This series contains examples of:
open/close all folders
- Fan Fic
- Foreshadowing: The words "Series 1" have been put at the end of the Book I's summary.
- Darker and Edgier
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Shown Their Work: Going by Generation IV, all moves used by the Pokemon in the series use moves that are in their movesets or that they can learn by use of a TM.
- Quest for Identity
- Chekhov's Gun: Sceps' Reviver Seed in Chapter 7 was the key to defeating Team Darkshroud.
- Child Soldiers: To an extent. Sparky sends Team Pokesquad on some considerably dangerous missions, despite them being rookies.
- Death Mountain: Greystone Mountain.
- Hidden Villain: The Mystery Pokemon
- Language of Magic: The unnamed language that gets used from time to time. The only character who understand it are Sceps and Mantine, and possibly Claydol.
- Sceps understands it and can translate it, but has yet to speak it. Mantine probably couldn't speak it until after she was revealed to be the Passage Keeper of The Above. When she spoke it upon entering The Above, she was likely saying some kind of entry spell, but it wasn't translated. Claydol gave a prophecy in this language, but he probably wasn't in control of his mind as this happened, and passed out immediately afterwards.
- MacGuffin: The Feather of Life, The Pilot Light and the Darkness Orb.
- Manipulative Bastard: The Pokemon that kidnapped Dialga and Palkia seems to be this.
- The Mole: Houndoom, apparently
- Ship Tease: In chapter 14, we get it with Drifblim and Mismagius, though pretty much just on the latter's side. Oddly enough, this is the first example of Ship Tease in the series, and it's with two secondary villains.
- Taking the Bullet: Mimagius takes a barrage of attacks for Drifblim in Chapter 6.
- Verbal Tic: Muk sure says "little punk" a lot.
- Wham Episode: Chapter 9. At the end, Ryo and Sceps almost died and ended up hospitalized.