Fan Fic / Nerima Magistra Nelly Magi
Nerima: Magistra Nelly Magi
is a Mahou Sensei Negima!
fanfic that came about due to a discussion on whether it was possible to Gender Flip Mahou Sensei Negima!
without ending up incredibly creepy
. Japanese Teeth
decided to take up the challenge by making this complete genderflip which follows the story of the manga with slight differences to reduce creepiness and to keep it interesting. The romantic elements are reduced a lot but there is plenty of humor and a lot more exploration into the viewpoints of characters other than the protagonist and the world where every individual, real or fictional has been genderflipped
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Absent-Minded Professor: Satoshi (m!Satomi)
- Accidental Innuendo: Hayate to Nelly: "You can ride my Stallion any time."
- Angrish: "Wgsfbl"
- Attack Pattern Alpha: The Baka Rangers, although the formations names are from the Gothic alphabet instead of the Greek alphabet.
- Bishōnen: Hayate (m!Ayaka).
- Bonus Material: Chapter 11.2, about what Alex (M!Anya) is up to back in Britain.
- Butt-Monkey: Makoto (m!Makie). Confirmed by Word of God.
- Camp Straight: Makoto (m!Makie).
- Cassandra Truth: The twins' insistence that Kaneda (m!Kaede) really is a ninja in training.
- Curse Cut Short: Satoshi (m!Satomi) right before riding his Segway into a door.
- Day in the Limelight: One for Alex (m!Anya).
- Double Entendre: Hayate (m!Ayaka) in chapter 13, it was immediately lampshaded by Fujio (m!Fuuka) and Fujiko (m!Fumika).
- Double Standard: A lot of the more risque material is toned down on the basis it being pretty friggin' creepy when it involves a young girl and a bunch of teenage guys.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Asuma (m!Asuna) is far more restrained than his canon counterpart, probably due to the prevalence of this belief.
- Early-Bird Cameo: We briefly get to see Fate in chapter 11.2.
- m!Chao is introduced much earlier in the plot than in the original manga.
- Gender Flip: The main point of the fic.
- Gentle Giant: Seemingly Chitose (m!Chizuru).
- Good Hair, Evil Hair: Haru (m!Haruna) has grown an evil goatee.
- Goofy Print Underwear: Asuma (m!Asuna) wears pink boxers covered in teddy bears holding hearts.
- Hot for Teacher: Despite the reduced romance, Asuma (m!Asuna) still has a crush on Takahata-sensei.
- Ho Yay: Kon (m!Konoka) gives some clues to his orientation during the escape from Library Island (though there were hints even before that).
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Every chapter title is the name of a song.
- Keet: Makoto. Also qualifies as The Ditz.
- Lampshade Hanging: Including hanging lampshades on events from the original Negima!, such as Chizuma (m!Chisame) pointing that Nelly's medicine bottle has a skull and crossbones on it, or that having a ten-year-old working as a full time teacher is technically illegal.
- Lighter and Softer: in a way. All the Fanservice that the original Negi has has been slightly toned downed because them happening to a girl in a class full of boys would be creepy.
- Likes Older Women: Asuma (m!Asuna) is considered this by Hayate (m!Ayaka) due to his attraction to f!Takahata. See Hot for Teacher below.
- Mad Scientist Laboratory: Li-Shen (m!Lingshen) and Satoshi's (m!Satomi) lab in the science building.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Fortunetelling is explained in a fair amount of detail.
- Meganekko: Nelly (f!Negi)
- Mistaken Identity: Chizuma (m!Chisame) is briefly mistaken for a stripper after Nelly accidentally obliterates his clothes during a party.
- Missing Mom: Now, Nelly’s (f!Negi) greater concern than her Disappeared Dad.
- No Sense of Direction: Nelly.
- The Omniscient Council of Vagueness: Li-Shen (m!Lingshen) and Satoshi (m!Satomi) hold one soon after Nelly's visit.
- 108: First page that Nelly (f!Negi) starts teaching from.
- Peek-a-Bangs: M!Setsuna.
- Perma-Stubble: Mamoru (m!Madoka)
- The Philosopher: Yuu (m!Yue) even more than his canon counterpart.
- Sentai: The Baka Rangers follow this more closely than in the Manga with Asuma (m!Asuna ) being the reluctant leader.
- Shirtless Scene: Whereas Negi's sneezes have a tendency to flip skirts, Nelly's have a tendency to blow boys' shirts open.
- Shout-Out: Several, such as to Watchmen, Pokémon and Disgaea.
- Shout-Out Theme Naming: Fujio (m!Fuuka) and Fujiko (m!Fumika) are named for the writer of Doraemon.
- Show Within a Show: Atomic Revenant Z, a Humongous Mecha show that Chizuma is a fanboy of.
- Stealth Pun: Hayate's horse is named Norfolk and Chance. Say it quickly.
- Take That!: A subtle one against Twilight. When Asuma (M!Asuna) is trying to remember Everett's (M!Evangeline) name, he lists off some names and when he gets to "Edward", Everett stomped Asuma's head into the dirt.
- Talk About the Weather
- Testosterone Poisoning: Mamoru (m!Madoka)
- Up to Eleven: The Gender Flip aspects. Rather than limiting it to the main cast, everyone is flipped, including fictional characters and historical figures.
- That Came Out Wrong: Hayate: "I'll give you the ride of your life... on the horse!"
- What Beautiful Eyes!: Nelly (F!Negi) writes that Nobou (M!Nodoka) has nice eyes in the class roll.