What happens when you take one space-time teleportation jutsu, a dimensional-shifting space-time jutsu, and the natural energies of Sage Mode and stir them all together? One timeline misplaced Naruto Uzumaki. Time to start scheming for the events to come.
— Summary straight from the source.
An AU Time-travel story bordering on Friendship status by Zeoniu Zekial Kal Leos, Misplaced Timing
revolves around Naruto's alterations to the past after he arrives there from an as-yet unseen accident during the Fourth Shinobi World War. At first he doesn't even believe his luck at the opportunities now available, but he soon finds out that not everything is as it should be despite the numerable similarities to what he knows, and before long unintended side-effects begin to crop up as events from the future play catch-up.
YMMV for the first chapters, but the quality takes a step up later on. Highly uncompleted at the moment and in need of further tropes as you come across them.
The story posses examples of:
- Alternate Universe: It takes a while to be sure of but even Naruto finally accepts he isn't just in the past he originated from.
- Ax Crazy: Orochimaru to date seems to be of one flavor or another, especially in his initial introduction where he is torturing a crucified shinobi with a scalpel, having already cut out the mans tongue earlier on in the six hour long session. He has no qualms about holding a discussion as said figure bleeds out mere feet away, nor the numerable long-decayed forms lining the walls and chair nearby, though being called on it seems to push him toward the rage end for a time. See also the One Tailed Shukaku.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Gaara spares Naruto and Yamato from the Kazekage's wrath because he was shown some degree of kindness during and after their encounter.
- Berserk Button: See Orochimaru above. Needless death and pain in Jiraiya's case, though Sarutobi also demonstrated this to some degree.
- Butterfly of Doom: Not intentionally invoked. Just being in the past causes things to go awry that Naruto didn't even intend, but they effect the present he is in over several months rather than the future he came from.
- Character Development: Naruto eventually picks up on the fact that he can't go off and change things at the drop of a dime when his actions get Jiraiya killed well before his time. Sasuke changes from a mistrustful and powerless academy student to a caring and growing rivalry with Lee, going so far as to visit him in the hospital after an incident during their training together.
- Combat Medic: Naruto with Senjutsu chakra, though to a limited degree so far.
- Difficult, But Awesome: Sasuke wakes up his Sharingan after months of hard training and exertion, and it makes his previous stand-alone training far simpler for it.
- Evil Plan: Danzo seems to be playing the long-game after he learned everything Naruto had to say to the Hokage at the start of the story.
- Friendship Moment: Probably enough to fill a basket with.
- God Test: At two different points in the story, Naruto has to prove what he says is true. Once to the Sandaime Hokage through memories of events in the future as well as a direct quotations of his thoughts on Naruto that were not yet given, and later to Jiraiya, using a union of Sage Mode, Oiroke no Jutsu, and Rasengan just to get a basis of trust in order to get to the events.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: The jinchuriki and the Bijuu, most notably the One Tailed Shukaku and the Nine Tailed Demon Fox.
- Talking With Signs: After the Root seal gags Yamato, breaking it renders the man unable to speak and forces him to communicate solely through his wood release techniques' ability to spawn signs of varying lengths.
- Trapped in the Past: Due to the nature of the incident, Naruto has no way of ever getting back to his original time (or particular universe, either).